#1 Kinghelmi

Kinghelmi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

Hello to all,

I have tested the Stagescape Mixer at my local music store. (Sounds fine - at low Volume)

I have not seen any "Aux out“ or "Sub out“.

I always find that the sound would be "better, louder and with more detail“ by driving the Subwoofer (active DB DVS 1000W) separately.

What do you think? Does it make sense to drive the Subwoofer separately and is there a way to do so with this Mixer?

Or is it possible to connect the Subwoofer as Monitor – is there a Subwoofer Preset in this mixer?

Thank you for answering!

#2 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2524 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

Are you interested in running an "aux fed sub" system?

So as you guessed you just assign one of the aux busses as a sub out. Then set the sends for that bus to be "linked".

#3 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

Welcome aboard, Kinghelmi !

...I have not seen any "Aux out“ or "Sub out“...

...What do you think? Does it make sense to drive the Subwoofer separately and is there a way to do so with this Mixer?

Or is it possible to connect the Subwoofer as Monitor...

As Don Boomer has already hinted, there ARE four of the fully-featured analog "Aux or Sub" outputs you're seeking, (one of which could definitely drive your subwoofer when "linked" as he suggests) ...it's just that  they have actually been labelled  "Monitor Out A, B, C & D" on the M20d's connector panel, as you suspected...

…and yes, many of us find that it's (nearly always) much better to have separate control of our subs. 

However, believe me when I say that you will immediately wish to sell your existing analog powered speakers once you have experienced the ease, flexibility and power of a Line 6 Linked and L3s-equipped DreamStage rig running from an M20d. 

#4 Kinghelmi

Kinghelmi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

Thank you Don and Ron,

I don´t think that the L3s Sub can beat my  DB DVS S10  http://www.spectruma...ies-dvas10.html

My DVS S10 are professional 18" RCF Neodym Subwoofers ,136db, very well build and they were used on professional stages.

I don´t think that the 2 of the L3s  can play a Rock/Metal open air 2-300 pax 

Maybe I will test drive this L3s Subs sometimes, but as I said before I don´t think that they do have enough power for me.

#5 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I absolutely agree, kinghelmi, that the dB Technologies DVA S10DP powered subwoofer is a truly magnificent beast that's almost unmatched in its class...

…BUT...

Line 6 have created an entirely different class with the L3s !

Bear in mind that I have neither affiliation with, or any particular loyalty to Line 6, nor to any other supplier or manufacturer.

(They were foolish enough to award me their "Expert" tag knowing full well that I reserve the right to "call it as I see it", …even if it's unfavourable to them.)

So, I will now speak as your Bank Manager...

"Under NO circumstances should you EVER arrange a direct comparison between Line 6's digitally controlled, individually amplified, twin driver, StageSource L3s subwoofer and your DVA S10 subwoofer."

:lol:   

#6 Kinghelmi

Kinghelmi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Ok Ron,

tomorrow I will receive my new Stagescape Mixer.. :D ....and maybe in a few weeks I will give the Stagesource L3 a try....  :)

#7 Kinghelmi

Kinghelmi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

Hey Ron,

do you know how much db the Line 6 Subs do have? The Tops are 1400W,  132db...but I can find no db information for the Subs

#8 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

...and maybe in a few weeks I will give the Stagesource L3 a try....  :)

No ! Don't do it ! …You'll only want to buy them !  :lol:

Hey Ron,

do you know how much db the Line 6 Subs do have? The Tops are 1400W,  132db...but I can find no db information for the Subs

I haven't seen that spec printed anywhere, either, Kinghelmi...

…So my "best guess" is that a true 1 watt/1 metre pink noise test will have the L3s (at the very least) matching single 18 inch subs such as yours and ones like the QSC KW181 …and providing roughly 9 to 10dB more level than JBL's JRX118SP...

…HOWEVER...

...The digital management and individual amplification of each driver in the L3s enclosures can pack a punch way above anything else that approaches their portability …and I have yet to encounter ANY other system that matches the speed of set-up and instant recall facilities offered via the L6 Linking of DreamStage components.     

#9 Digital-sound

Digital-sound

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

I sometimes tire of my raving about the line 6 speakers. I got rid of two yorkville LS801p's which have a lot of power. I replaced them with 2 L3s's, and have never been as happy. Two of them easily do an indoor of 300-400 people which is as big as I have tried them. Outdoors, I would be surprised if 4 of them couldn't cover a 200-300 person area.

I also tried the yorkville paraline system while waiting for my Line6 system (2-L3t and 2-L3s) and the line 6 to me was much much easier to tune to the room, and sounded better to me. I am not a sound man, just a musician mixing sound in my band, so like I have always said, a good sound man can make things sound great and I have heard some systems sound better than I though they could, but, never as easy as these stage source mixers. Never.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users