98 replies to this topic

#61 bjnette

bjnette

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:17 AM

Wishfully thinking a few bass amps and FX would be great! Fingers crossed.

#62 arpy55

arpy55

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

Acoustic amps.

#63 toneo2001

toneo2001

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

I Agree, a dedicated Acoustic Amp would be great!!

#64 WaubinHood

WaubinHood

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:17 AM

Dunno 'bout others, but if i needed some kinda acoustic amp, i'd try to make one by not using amp model at all and using one of them eq:s ("graphic" maybe) as pre-amp. In live situation, if using DT25 we may run outta air soon though. With acoustic one needs headroom, headroom and then some headroom. But in recording that should do the trick.

Dunno, if we actually need many more amps. Of course it is fun to have 100 of them, but when there is like 5(ish) amp types in whole world (i do admitt, that there is gazillions of variations) do we need yet another variation of VOX, Marshall or Fender?

But if Line6 wants to have fun modeling tsome more, feel free to bring us the dumblest Dumble there is (and just for the heck of it, Selmer Zodiac with that ear-tearing treble).

#65 billlorentzen

billlorentzen

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:30 AM

Dumble
Boogie 4 or 5

#66 billlorentzen

billlorentzen

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:34 AM

I recently purchased the HD500x, and it's awesome, but, I need my auto wah, as I use it in my show. The absence of this one effect could have me returning the item for a refund. I can't find any expansion effects for the device, as the line 6 site seems to take me 'round in circles. I think I read somewhere here that you can not expand the HD's. My god, is that true? Some of the wah's and the voice box sweeps up and down on there on, and I have no idea what an automatic sweep would be good for (to me). I need an auto wah.....is anyone at line 6 at home??????????

I agree, the auto wah is seriously lacking. The mutron does not and never did cut it for guitar. I would suggest inserting a pedal into the effects loop if it's a vital part of your arsenal.

#67 Akeron

Akeron

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:54 AM

What exactly does an "autowah"? I thought the "Tron Up" and\or "Tron Down" used with the expression pedal was the "solution"?

#68 doffe

doffe

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:23 AM

What exactly does an "autowah"? I thought the "Tron Up" and\or "Tron Down" used with the expression pedal was the "solution"?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SsXgBa3ydo8

Funkiest thing ever. 

Just don't overdo it :)

Current Line6 gear: POD HD500 ~ JTV-89 ~ POD X3 ~ POD XT ~ FBV EXPRESS MkII ~ FM4 ~PODFARM 2.5

Legacy Line6 gear: POD (eeprom upgrade to 2.0) ~ Floorboard ~ FBV4 ~

#69 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:26 AM

For Acoustic Amp just use no amp and add effects.  An acoustic is only going to sound good through full range speakers no matter what you put in the path.

#70 Akeron

Akeron

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

So in theory that should be possible with the Mu-Tron emulation(s). I don't get why "does not and never did cut it for guitar"

#71 Zhorell

Zhorell

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

Cameron ccv and atomic!

#72 billlorentzen

billlorentzen

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

So in theory that should be possible with the Mu-Tron emulation(s). I don't get why "does not and never did cut it for guitar"

I used to have one when they first came out, and I could never get a great sound with it. The emulation has the same thin, weak sound. There are other pedals that get a real warm thick sound, more like an actual wah wah.

I think the Mutron did sound good on some instruments - I seem to recall bass and clav were ok. It was a long time ago...

#73 Akeron

Akeron

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

I like it for effects like the intro to Frank Zappa's "I'm the slime" :)

#74 jason5877

jason5877

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Orange

Mesa Boogie Mark IV

#75 meambobbo

meambobbo

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Question: has a SINGLE ideascale post been implemented in ANY Line 6 product line?  I feel like it is simply a more reassuring product feedback form, which I called "the black hole" back when I threw ideas into it and nothing came out.

I had been asking for a 5150 and Mesa Mark II/IV a few months after I bought this unit back in 2011.  As well as a number of other simple feature requests, such as putting the EQ's in terms of HZ and db instead of %.  We can argue its laziness or strategy or technical all day.  The fact is, we don't get any answer from the company.  So we don't know.  All we know is 3 years in, nothing has changed.

A lot of people argue against thinking that Line 6 should update the product - after all, then it'd be more difficult to sell future products.  Well, no.  I will probably never buy another Line 6 product ever again.  It's not because they didn't grovel to me and give me everything I wanted.  It's the fact that they purposefully dangle things like the product feedback form and ideascale site in front of your eyes as though they might actually give you some of this stuff.  They won't, but they won't admit it.  I know this because they won't fix the EQ thing.  It's a glaring issue, but it's not worth their time apparently.  They are too busy adding to their arsenal of product lines.

It's kind of a sleazy M$ strategy - let the consumer think something is coming, and try to get them to buy a Variax or stagesource or mixer or DT or whatnot in the meantime that has enhanced functionality and "locks" them into your products vs. your competitors.  Maybe some get suckered and then just roll over.  Or maybe you love all that stuff, and found the Pod HD has everything you could want - more power to you.  For me, I refused to keep playing the game and move on.

I own a Kemper now.  I get new amps/cabs everyday.  I can actually talk to the owner of the company and its employees.  They discuss feature requests, bugs, etc.  I'm not trying to compare apples to oranges.  For me though, at least knowing what to expect or not goes a long way.

Say what you will, but I assure you the arguing is a waste of your time.  Not sure about the amp model requests, but I'd put my money on YOU'RE NOT GETTING THEM.

Pod HD Tone Guide and Patches

#76 NucleusX

NucleusX

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

meambobbo, You've just perfectly worded my somewhat convoluted thoughts on Line6 and their current approach

to their HD range. I'm relatively new to Line6 products but by no means new to guitar hardware in general, and it

doesn't take an idiot to figure out (compared to Line6's past strategies) that Line6 have lost all customer focused

perspective. This is why I vowed to never buy Line6 again in a previous post. Maybe one day they will start to listen

to customers again when enough of their revenue is lost, but like you, I'm not waiting for their realizations either.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an AxeFX II. While I'm aware that its unfair to compare it to the POD HD, Fractal

haven't lost perspective on customer feedback, and that's something ALL company's should aspire to rather than

this bait and switch stunt I've been witnessing, which WILL return to haunt them if this approach keeps up.

#77 Metalchef

Metalchef

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

I am a happy owner of a DT and pod but I will agree on all points with Meambobbo. The Ideascale thing is laughable. Could be a wonderful tool if they practiced actually using it. But obviously after 3 topics and this one alone being 4 pages long tells me probability is greater that we will all be riding rainbow colored Chimeras to work tomorrow passing Unicorns and flying monkeys before they will use Ideascale.
Yes I hear the cries of the carrots.... For it is harvest day and to them it is the Holocaust..... So I say let the rabbits wear glasses....

#78 WaubinHood

WaubinHood

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

I'm not sure, if people understood correctly the idea of ideascale. Do they tell "shout your demands in most unpolite way and we'll act the next day"?

I see lots of "model Mesa mark V, or you suck" type messages. Since that amp itself has few channels starting from Fender-ish cleans, thru early hot rodded F and new addeneum: british ('cause they cant say "we also added that obligatory Marshall sound because everyone wants it") type one, all the way to modern hi gain. That is not just one model. And we already have a collection of models covering more than mesa mark 5. For mesa clean, use Blackface. For mark 5 british, use Marshalls. And there is Treadplate for hi gains. So why mesa mark this and that? And the same goes with the rest of the multi channel amps. Check Sol(dan)o 100 models and you get it.

We don't need that many new amp models. And I believe that more than just modeling every amp there is (where we fit them all, since there are eventually limits in HD's memory?), ideascale wants to see new functions in old tools or even completely new ideas.

I don't think that marketing research - and that is exactly what ideascale is - can be ignored. However adding yet another amp model after line of 30 earlier ones just isn't anything new. I have reason to believe, that in Line6 people have already put some thought on what amps there should be modeled. They've made Amplifi. That is new idea. Wheel is invented again, even if a hipsterish one with all that Apple junk involved ;) . I believe ideascale wants more like those ideas.

#79 NucleusX

NucleusX

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

WaubinHood, your missing the point. And that is, when most of us bought the high end

POD HD products, we expected some kind of future additions just as they have with

previous POD releases, not absolutely nothing ! We have zero amps or fx to supplement

the original stock collection with, and not everyone can be happy with the same old amps.

It's having the "choice" to add what we want that really matters, and there are no choices. 

I bet you even secretly crave for a particular amp or effect in your closet lol.

#80 stumblinman

stumblinman

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

Untrue.

Several amps were added after the original release. Of course we want more, who doesn't always want more than they have? But to say they didn't add amps or fx is not true. Tube pre is technically an "effect", and they added quite a few new models too.

WaubinHood, your missing the point. And that is, when most of us bought the high end
POD HD products, we expected some kind of future additions just as they have with
previous POD releases, not absolutely nothing ! We have zero amps or fx to supplement
the original stock amps with, and not everyone can be happy with the same old amps.
I bet you even secretly crave for a particular amp or effect in your closet lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: newamps, update, pod hd, wishes, orange, mesa, boogie, roland, jazz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users