Photo

Stagescape + Apple Usb To Ethernet + Apple Airport Express == Happy!

stagescape network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dscheidt

dscheidt

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

Some times you just have to bite the bullet...

I had bought one of the original USB / Wifi adapters listed in the StageScape manual, and it worked great.  Only problem is that at one point, the bag the StageScape was in was thrown away because of an adult beverage being spilled on the bag.  Unfortunately, the wifi stick was in the bag :(  I tried the Samsung one for the TVs that was mentioned, which sort of worked, but I kept getting drop outs, and at one point, the StageScape completely locked up (in the middle of a song!!!!)

I decided to go nuclear, and go with the "it's gotta work and be easy" route.  I picked up the Apple USB to Ethernet adapter and the Apple Airport Express on my way to the gig.  Set everything up in 5 minutes, and not ONE hiccup.  Extra bonus was that because the wifi is 802.11n, the lag was GREATLY reduced on the iPad app.

So far, that's been the best wifi setup for the StageScape.

I just wish that Line 6 would add the spectrum analyzer to the EQ on the iPad.  I can see where it'd probably be a problem with some methods of transmission, but with the Apple setup, it should be able to work...

#2 gordwait

gordwait

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

Just got the same Apple based setup working too, no problems at all..

Interesting you mention the missing spectrum analyzer view on the iPad edition,

that would be nice. It's a lot of live data to shovel over the network without getting laggy, but it should be possible..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stagescape, network

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users