3 replies to this topic

#1 cgork

cgork

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

Anyone using the dt50 head as a stand alone amp with traditional analog stomps??  Was thinking about going this route but can't find anyone actually talking about it with out the pod HDs.

To clarify, can I expect this to react like any other tube amp?

Are you maxing out the master?

etc....that type of stuff....

#2 stumblinman

stumblinman

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

There have been quite a few posts about this in the past, but it's been a while. They react like an amp would when using pedals. They are not strictly a vehicle for Pods, they work very well with separate effects pedals, both in front and in the loop.

#3 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5490 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

Are you maxing out the master?

I've never been able to come close to maxing out the master. The loudest I've had it was near 12 o'clock, and that was outdoors on a huge stage. But, generally, the DT25 likes pedals.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#4 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

I play around with a few pedals going into the front of my DT50 and Spider Jam. 2 of them were DIY Modkits, the Persuader and the Persuader Deluxe. They sound purty good. Also I don't see much point in going past 12 O'clock with the DT 50 Master Volume, at least for now.

[attachment=1029:Pedals.JPG]

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users