Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Please Tell Us If The Pod Hd Is Getting More Updates!

steele666

I dont want this to turn in a Line 6 bitchfest, but I would very much like to know something. Is the HD end of life? are there still plans to update it? I feel a little upset as a consumer as line 6 is not very forthcoming with its plans and I feel like they know i'll pry buy the next POD and deal with the same crappy service and no one cares.

I dont need a defininte just give me a yes or no so i can find something else.
Thank You

Line 6 are the only ones who can give you a definitive answer (and what's the point of a non-definitive opinion) - and as you point out they are not forthcoming about it. That's not going to change just because you've asked. This thread is pointless, other than to initiate the bitchfest you say you don't want.

• Upvote 2

they just barely released the new X models... i think its highly likely that there are updates to come...

not likely fast as they just got purchased by yamaha, and may have some internal adjustments to make....

but i'm sure they've been working on whatever may be next... (and NAMM is in a couple of weeks, so we may know more shortly)

in my opinion even if they come out with something new, they won't be abandoning the current HD stuff.

they just barely released the new X models... i think its highly likely that there are updates to come...

not likely fast as they just got purchased by yamaha, and may have some internal adjustments to make....

but i'm sure they've been working on whatever may be next... (and NAMM is in a couple of weeks, so we may know more shortly)

in my opinion even if they come out with something new, they won't be abandoning the current HD stuff.

Agreed!

Why would they...anytime they've announced something they've either blown there own deadline or dropped a whopper of a flopper (at least in regards to guitar). If you can't rely on yourself, better not having anyone else relying on you either. I still can't believe that its outside their budget to have a handful of "in-the-know" people on the boards. Just make it so people can't PM them ....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ive owned alot of Line 6 gear over the years and lately I feel they've gone way down hill in listening to there customers. I remember getting my POD XT and being blown away when the amp packs came out. Then I remember the the complete disappointment when they released the X3.... It seems thats a common route for Line 6 release something for a few years, make tiny improvements then re-release it. It always comes across, to me, as a desperate cash grab for something thats end of life. They came out with one tiny update that added like 2 things to the X3. Thats pry what theyll do for the HDX series. Then it will sit there for years until they come out with something new....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop  lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop lollipop  

I like the word!!!! :P

• Upvote 1

I still can't believe that its outside their budget to have a handful of "in-the-know" people on the boards. Just make it so people can't PM them ....

I honestly don't think the forums are busy enough to warrant a full-time employee's attention. Really, the number of threads where such attention would be warranted is pretty small.

exactly...so one person could do it....

Well, I imagine like most companies, Line 6 doesn't want to pay people to do a job unless they're actually doing something that's useful for the company. All I'm saying is that it doesn't seem like having a full-time employee focus on the forums would be necessary. The fact is, too, that Line 6's product line is so diverse, it would be hard for one person to actually know the ins and outs of every product. I think this is why they switched over to a support ticket system. It's just a more efficient way of dealing with real issues. I don't think having someone on the forums to essentially do PR for Line 6 would help that much. There would still be just as many people complaining.

I wouldn't expect anyone to focus on the forums, but I'm sure there are people who could find 25-30 minutes out of their workday to confirm all these user-created scientific findings on signal chains and noise levels and mixer pan rules, etc....I think it would be a little silly to have someone do it all day, but having a few people who take some time every couple of hours during a work day to check on stuff like that (or verifying the % in the EQs, or explaining how the Dynamic DSP is expressed across a signal chain) would certainly not hurt anything.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well, I imagine like most companies, Line 6 doesn't want to pay people to do a job unless they're actually doing something that's useful for the company. All I'm saying is that it doesn't seem like having a full-time employee focus on the forums would be necessary. The fact is, too, that Line 6's product line is so diverse, it would be hard for one person to actually know the ins and outs of every product. I think this is why they switched over to a support ticket system. It's just a more efficient way of dealing with real issues. I don't think having someone on the forums to essentially do PR for Line 6 would help that much. There would still be just as many people complaining.

Throw some free gear at guys, give them an expert tag, and you save yourself thousands. It's a smart practice. The experts here generally do an excellent job of posting the same stuff they've had to post for years for all the newer visitors unable or unwilling to search. It's a thankless job, but for some gear and beta testing opportunities, it's probably a lot more bearable.

I have to commend many of the experts for their patience. I'm not a super frequent visitor, although I usually check in once a day or so, hoping for a surprise update, but even I can parrot back some stuff these days. I'd probably just build a word document with a bunch of phrases or walkthroughs to help the newer folks, and copy and paste to save myself time. Keep it open on my desktop and BAM!

Seriously though, for a JTV59 I'll answer more questions. Think about it L6.

No expert has ever received any free variax guitar.

and as often as new gear comes out, we don't get alot of that either...

just saying...

i think for the most part the experts enjoy what we do... and everything else is gravy.

Seriously though, for a JTV59 I'll answer more questions. Think about it L6.

Ive owned alot of Line 6 gear over the years and lately I feel they've gone way down hill in listening to there customers. I remember getting my POD XT and being blown away when the amp packs came out. Then I remember the the complete disappointment when they released the X3.... It seems thats a common route for Line 6 release something for a few years, make tiny improvements then re-release it. It always comes across, to me, as a desperate cash grab for something thats end of life. They came out with one tiny update that added like 2 things to the X3. Thats pry what theyll do for the HDX series. Then it will sit there for years until they come out with something new....

On the other hand, if the next generation of pods was something based on HD modeling (same as they did with the XT - X3 families) that would mean my HD500 would stay current much longer (and maybe even updated).

Maybe too, they could refurbish some parts of that technology in a new line of compact pedals, a wha (I wonder why they haven't done one already) or a cab modeler (as I suggested on ideascale )

Targetting different needs, reusing technology that's already available and still desirable, why not?

Don't you think a cab modeler (reusing the modeling from the HD family) would sell? I would buy one, and I know many (not just one or two) of my friends have been looking for such a thing but can't afford a Torpedo

• Upvote 1

It was meant sarcastically obviously. I have been lurking the forums long enough before actually joining to realize how much you guys do help. You have to be a certain type of person to do what you guys do. Kinda like being an umpire. You have no vested interest other than trying to do right by the guidelines you are given. You get your own opinions and your own judgment, but you are still bound by rules and regulations. Both sides may not be happy with you, and chances are the ones outside the field are gonna yell at you a lot, but you do it because you enjoy it.

That said, tell us how long you've been beta testing the new "reinvention of the amp". ;)

No expert has ever received any free variax guitar.

and as often as new gear comes out, we don't get alot of that either...

just saying...

i think for the most part the experts enjoy what we do... and everything else is gravy.

none of us have it.... or have seen it.

i tend to think that the marketing is probably beyond hyperbole...

can't be that awesome!... but bring it! i'll give it a shot...

as long as its not a mobile in sonic turd.

It was meant sarcastically obviously. I have been lurking the forums long enough before actually joining to realize how much you guys do help. You have to be a certain type of person to do what you guys do. Kinda like being an umpire. You have no vested interest other than trying to do right by the guidelines you are given. You get your own opinions and your own judgment, but you are still bound by rules and regulations. Both sides may not be happy with you, and chances are the ones outside the field are gonna yell at you a lot, but you do it because you enjoy it.

That said, tell us how long you've been beta testing the new "reinvention of the amp". ;)

If you're referring to MerlinFL, he was never an expert but did get a variax beta.

no other experts got a variax, unless they paid for it. Current or otherwise to my knowledge.

(which there really aren't any ex-experts, just some less active ones)

:rolleyes:

Maybe you meant none of the current Experts...?

Throw some free gear at guys, give them an expert tag, and you save yourself thousands. It's a smart practice. The experts here generally do an excellent job of posting the same stuff they've had to post for years for all the newer visitors unable or unwilling to search. It's a thankless job, but for some gear and beta testing opportunities, it's probably a lot more bearable.

This is the right approach. I have an OPPO bluray player and there are a couple of beta testers on AVRForums that perform resident expert duties in exchange for thorough testing of new gear and firmware. It eliminates the need for OPPO to have a presence on the board, plus it's a direct link from owners to OPPO if there is ever an issue with a product. In the year that I've owned my OPPO I've updated the firmware 3 times with new firmware based on user requested updates.

I think that's the least Line6 could do for our experts over here... Like TheRealZap and others.

If you're referring to MerlinFL, he was never an expert but did get a variax beta.

no other experts got a variax, unless they paid for it. Current or otherwise to my knowledge.

(which there really aren't any ex-experts, just some less active ones)

Right, I forgot, he was a Beta guy but never reached the "Expert" level.

My mistake.

I think he may have ended up getting two JTVs out of the deal, a sunburst US JTV59 and a Korean JTV89.

Carry on...