• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hello all,

My equipment and software:

• Toneport UX1
  • Gearbox 3.72.0
  • Ableton Live Lite 8 Line 6 Edition

I have not been too successful with finding a metal tone that is not "buzzy".  Allow me to elaborate on the tone that I'm looking for...

• Organic - not a thrash metal tone that rips your head off.  AKA nothing buzzy, hissy, trebly.  Rather, someting like this: Evergreen - Dark New Day
  • Woofy and/or chunky.  I'm referring to Skeksis by Strapping Young Lad
  • Question - how do these guys remove the treble from their sound and still retain all the character?  Anytime I crank the volume up on my own guitar and practically gives me a sinus headache.
  • So, a tone between the guitar tones in these two songs.  Chunky and organic.

I have attached a really lousy tone for yins to fiddle around with.  If it isn't possible to do this with Line 6 equipment (rather Gearbox), please let me know.  I'll update my software, but please still post screenshots of your settings if you have any.

Thank you

EDIT: I think that the Treadplate simulator model would be the best choice because it emulates the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers.

Attached Files

#2 spawn2031

spawn2031

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

I played with my UX1 for years before finally upgrading to a pod HD, one of my favorite tones I found on there that I used almost exclusively was modeled after Synester Gates' solo sound but it was such a nicely rounded sound that with a little bit of tweaking it might be what you are looking for.  Since I no longer have my UX1 I am struggling to remember the name of it but I think it was something like Beast and the Harlot Solo.  I also had the Metal and FX junkie packs added on to my UX1, the FX junkie isn't necessary but the Metal one is to get a real good sound like that.  Happy hunting! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alternative, metal, organic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users