Photo

Line 6 Spider Iv 15 (distortion Problem)

distortion problem help me!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ifactzz

ifactzz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

So I just got this amp i've been playing to for a while and it sounds awesome! every channel was working perfectly fine until one day, i put it on the crunch pre set and it didn't give me any distortion. I tries the factory reset and volume boost and i WOULD get distortion but it sounded so ugly that i stopped playing, any ideas on how to fix? would buying a distortion pedal help to get the distortion sound i want?

#2 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

You may need to turn the boost back on. Read the part of the manual I have attached and see if anything there makes sense. Also I use Distortion Pedals sometimes. I've built 2 Tube Stomp boxes made by modkitsdiy, they turned out great.

Spider 15w.JPG

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#3 ifactzz

ifactzz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

tried all of that, still nothing, would getting a distortion pedal fix the problem? or should i just return it?

#4 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

I would return it if it doesn't sound right.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: distortion, problem, help me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users