Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod X3 Overcharge?

dinothesaur

Hey guys, I purchased POD X3 for my younger brother as a birthday gift. Sadly, it did not come with it's charger.  He loved it....up until it stopped working. All the sounds are now drowned when connected to an amp/headphones. Turns out....he was using a Toshiba laptop charger the whole time he had been using it. I did some digging around and learned that the POD X3 is rated for 9V and 2000 mA. The charger he was using is running 19V and 3420 mA. I heard that too much voltage can damage the processor.

So am I looking at a damaged POD X3? He had only been using it for about a couple hours. I went out and fetched him the right charger. Is there any hope for it to still be in working condition?

I cannot believe it lasted as long as it did. WOW. I don't know if it can be fixed but maybe there is a type of fuse built into the PCB that is replaceable. If it were mine I would take that sucker apart and look for anything thats burnt.

Yeah, he used it for about 30 minutes and that's when it started acting up. His notes sounded fuzzy. It still turns out and everything, it just won't process the sounds correctly. Think I should try using it with the original charger before even considering repair? I might just have to order one online.

Also worth noting is the PSU ( it's not a charger btw) has to be AC to AC, so make sure the replacement is correct in this regard. Most PSUs supply DC and this also will damage the Pod.

Sadly it's quite likely that something has been fried inside and a repair or replacement (whichever works out cheaper) may be the only option.

The only way to know is to try the correct PX-2 PSU, it's not like you could cause any more damage.