Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

All Media On My Pc Freezes When I Plug In My Hd500x

Mightych

Just got an HD500X and the second I plug the USB in all media on my computer freezes (Spotify, WMP, Youtube). If I unplug they start playing again. The driver is installed and Monkey says it's connected. Also I get a connection error when I try to flash it. I'm assuming this is a driver problem, but I'm using the driver that Monkey grabs for me so what gives?

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 (64-bit) and only installed the chipset and USB Wi-Fi drivers. Then I installed the HD500X driver and it said it installed correctly. Started WMP, plugged in the unit and WMP froze until I unplugged it. Grrrr.

Okay, I was mistaken. This time Youtube videos and WMP didn't freeze, I just didn't have any audio. Plugged my sound system back into the POD and I now have audio. So, something else that was installed was causing the conflict. Looks like I just need to install everything one at a time to find the offending device or driver.

I'm still on WinXP.  There are settings you should make to your system so the audio runs smoothly with external A/I devices.  Look into that.  It is recommended in WinXP to disable the MB audio when using another A/I device.  If the MB audio is active while using the Pod through USB it may cause freezing or stuttering.  At the very least, make sure any app assigned to the MB audio is not running when you plug in the Pod.  Then, assign the Win7 Sound CP to the Pod.  Not sure about W7, but I think you still need to stop the USB device before unplugging it, or you'll need to reboot before plugging it back in.