Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Confused About Pod Farm License?

Hi,

I just bought a used studio gx. I installed pod farm but I am confused about the license. Can I use podfarm or will I need to purchase that separate? How many computers can I use this device on? It seems to have worked on my laptop, but I have no idea if im in trial or if I can use this forever because of my purchase of a device?

Thank you much.

Run Line 6 Monkey with your gx connected. A Pod Farm license is associated with your gx and will be available to you as the new owner. Monkey will help you download and install the version associated with your license. Then run the Line 6 License Manager to activate your license and authorize your equipment.

Thanks for the reply. And to confirm, I will get the full access to podfarm and not just some trial version right? If that is the case and I need to buy podfarm, I want to just return the gx as it wont be worth it with the price I bought.

Thanks again.

You won't get the trial version, but you may get the basic license as opposed to Pod Farm Platinum. And you won't have the hardware independent license, meaning your Pod Farm license is only valid when the gx is connected.

Here's the current license information re: Pod Studio GX. I don't know if your used device has the same license. You'd have to call Line 6 with the serial # of your gx to get confirmation of the applicable license (or use Line 6 Monkey).

http://line6.com/podstudiogx/podfarm.html