Photo

Using A Powered Non Line 6 Sub With 2 L2t's

Best Answer dboomer , 12 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

You'll need to add a crossover in the setup. Possibly there is a crossover in the other sub. In that case you run from the main outs to the sub and then run the high pass outs to the L2's. Otherwise you'll need to run into a crossover and send the outs from it in the normal manner. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 malcevansmusic

malcevansmusic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

Hi!

I hope everyone is having a great 2014 so far?

Just a quick question that the pro's may be able to help me with. I'm running a M20d and 2xL2T speakers (and 4 powered Behringer monitors). I've been asked to engineer a gig next month and it was suggested that I'd need a sub speaker to augment the set-up. 

How would I link a powered sub (non Line 6) to the L2T's? Is it simply a case of linking with XLR speaker cables in the appropriate way (into the sub then out to the speakers)?

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you.

Malc

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11449 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:53 AM

Yes - just connect them as you would normally. Run the Main Outs to your sub, then connect the 2xL2t using the XLR rather than L6 LINK connections.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 Profett

Profett

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:37 AM

Why not connect the l2ts with 6link?

#4 malcevansmusic

malcevansmusic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

Thanks! I've been doing a bit of reading since posting at I think I know what to do now.

I don't have the link cable, just XLR's.

#5 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2751 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:42 AM   Best Answer

You'll need to add a crossover in the setup. Possibly there is a crossover in the other sub. In that case you run from the main outs to the sub and then run the high pass outs to the L2's. Otherwise you'll need to run into a crossover and send the outs from it in the normal manner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users