Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Updating New Hd500 Firmware

ernzzz

Hello there Line 6 ppl

It turns out i just bite the bullet and bought a pod HD500... !

I dont have it yet, it's ordered, so it will arrive sooner or later

My question is, is there any specific way/order in wich i must install the updates?

..or the latest update includes all previous improvements/expansions?

Should i just download the latest Monkey, and let it do its work?

Are all expansions free and included in the updates? or some are paid?

Will the License Manager be necessary for this, or is it just for registering my product/warranty??

Well that's many questions... :)

i hope you have the patience, i just never had any line6

Thank you in advance

Let Monkey do all the work for you. Just install the latest update - it includes all previous updates. There are no expansion packs - everything's included at no additional cost. License Manager is not necessary in order to use/update the HD500; registration is recommended but not required. However, registration will be required if you ever need tech support or servicing.

Excellent, thank you for the inmediate reply!!

I have some other question, or maybe need for advice..

I was reading thru this article about POD's inner routing the other day..
http://line6.com/support/topic/2033-pod-hd-500-500x-new-routing-schematics/

and well it's a bit over my head, more so since i dont have a unit to see it for myself..

-But, does this "noise issue" when having the second input enabled (and not in variax mode) still exist?

Also it seems some routing options add distortion, or volume, or sum up different signals... very complex

So considering i want to record the pod thru USB, and i have both a Stratocaster and a Ibanez type guitar... (very diferent signal..)

-What will be the best way to configure the routing for a Mono patch, or a Stereo patch, in order to have the most clean and natural sound...?

-Or what will be the rule of thumb for having the most natural sound generally? 

-Any tip for using a "vox bulldog tube distortion" with the POD?

Should i just put it in front, instead of in the FX-loop, to avoid redundant A/D D/A conversion?

-Are pod Amp simulations known to react nicely to external dists/tube dists?

Or is it just two different worlds?

Thank you again  :)

I think you will learn what works best for you after you have received your HD500 and have had some time to play with it a bit. In much of what you are reading there is no right or wrong; there is just what sounds best to the user. It's easy to get into analysis paralysis with this device. You can make it very complicated because there are so many options. You can also make it pretty simple, and experiment with just a few different settings to decide what sounds best to yourself. Let your ears be the judge. My guess is that you'll answer most of your questions yourself after you've had some playtime. And for the rest you'll be able to ask very specific questions that you probably haven't thought of yet.

I know you're keen to learn as much as you can before your HD500 arrives, so here's a suggestion. Got to the Downloads section of this website. Download and install the HD500 Edit program. You can run this editor without the HD500 device connected. Also download the HD500 Edit manual and begin to explore how you create and edit tones. You could also read the HD500 Advanced Guide in preparation.

Optionally, go to the Customtone section of this website and begin to explore the different types of tones available, and their different configuration characteristics. You won't be able to hear anything until you get your device but you can prepare yourself with the knowledge to get up and running more quickly when it arrives.

hi im from indonesia .. I've tried to use the looper function podhd500 after the results of my rec play, the result is very small voice rec .. What cause is there a setting again?

Also make sure the looper is set to "post" (after all the FX and amp banks) and not "pre" (before everything)

• Upvote 1