#1 gibstone

gibstone

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Hi All,

I have just bought a Pod HD500X after owning a UX2 for a couple of Months. I am putting the HD500X through my Fender Hot Rod Deville Pre Amp in socket. Firstly I'm getting an awful Hum as soon as the Pedal is plugged in. Secondly all effects sound muddy and to be honest pretty crappy, at least compared to the UX2 with my PC Speakers, the Amp with just a Guitar and the Amp with my Boss GT6.

Has anyone had a similar issue? I have seen some people talking about disconnecting the Earth cable to the power, but I'm not going to start screwing around with my power wiring.

Anyway any help will be gratefully accepted, otherwise this Pedal is going back to the shop.

Cheers

Lee

#2 drschultz

drschultz

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

Hello, try this

I am assuming that the fender has an FX loop.  If so then the four cable method may resolve the issue.

Good luck.

#3 lelandberg

lelandberg

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

I am using the same amp as you (I use 2 for stereo). Get a ground lift connector for the power plug on your amp. I've had to to that in many venues even before I started using LINE6 stuff. The same thing on  the  XT Live and X3 Live as well.

#4 lelandberg

lelandberg

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

I am using the same amp as you (I use 2 for stereo). Get a ground lift connector for the power plug on your amp. I've had to to that in many venues even before I started using LINE6 stuff. The same thing on  the  XT Live and X3 Live as well.

Also make sure your "1/4" out" switch is set to "AMP"and not "LINE". Try different outputs in your VIEW/Utilities setup. Like PWR AMP IN, Combo In, Stack in. This will change the color of your tone.

#5 gibstone

gibstone

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

Thanks All,

I have tried the 4 cable method with the same results.I'm going to have a further play around tonight. Leldanberg, I would be interested in what settings you are using for your output, straight combo??

Cheers

Lee

#6 guitarplayer0376

guitarplayer0376

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

I plug my HD500 straight into my BillM heavily modified Blues Jr. No effects loop, plug straight into the amp. Make SURE the HD front panel swithes near the volume foot pedal are on "Amp" and NOT "Line/Studio". If you don't put it on "Amp", you will be clipping the input to the Fender, and it will sound like crap. Also, make sure the switch that says "pad" is NOT on "pad", I can't remember the other setting. I get a buzzy hum from that setting when my guitar volume knob is all the way down. I use full amp models to my BJ as well, but make sure you are hitting the Fender with too hot of a signal first. Good luck HD500 takes some tweaking and knowledge of its quirks and gain stages, but I am really happy with mine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hot rod deville, hd500x, hot rod deville & hd500x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users