Photo

Anyone Know How To Add A Series-parallel For Jtv-69s ?

magnetic pickups series parallel series parallel 69s jtv-69s wiring diagram

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yainkee

yainkee

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

I just bought the JTV-69s and love the magnetic pickups. However, I would love to have the option of running the bridge and middle pups together in series, a pretty standard tele mod, and also done on strats. While understanding that this would probably void the warranty, is it even possible? I don't know what's going on under that hood. 

Also, I see wiring diagrams for the JTV- 59, 69, and 89, but not for the 69s. How would it be different from the 69?

Thanks!

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5484 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

I suppose it could probably be done relatively easily by a guitar tech who was familiar with doing such things. The question I have, though, is have you tried doing what you want to with the modeled versions of these pickups in Workbench? If you like the results, you can always save them as a custom model. It would be a lot cheaper than having the guitar modded.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 yainkee

yainkee

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

Thank you Phil.

I have not done that yet, but I generally prefer to use the magnetic pickups in general, and the models as needed, more for down-tuning than for the models. Because of that, I would like to have a no-hum option on the magnetic pickups, which sounds more "series" than sound of the 2 and 4 strat positions which get that distinct sound from the parallel wiring.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magnetic pickups, series parallel, series, parallel, 69s, jtv-69s, wiring diagram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users