Photo

'output' Mode

pod hd 500

Best Answer phil_m , 13 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

No, you can't. Output mode is a global setting.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 pratikb

pratikb

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Just curious to know if we can setup differnt 'output' for differnet patches in pod hd500?

• Pwr Amp IN : Patch A
  • Combo In : Patch B
  • Stack in : Patch C
  • Studio : Patch D

Thanks, Pratik

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5491 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:16 AM   Best Answer

No, you can't. Output mode is a global setting.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 pratikb

pratikb

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

:huh:

#4 kmoed

kmoed

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

:huh:

If your using them for different scenarios, you can create set lists and just simply name them appropriately. ie I have my main set of patches, then a set list called "Power Amp". same set of patches I use for recording with the cabinet models disabled. So when I jam, just change the set list and the output mode. 

#5 dbagchee

dbagchee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationWatsonville, CA

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

If your using them for different scenarios, you can create set lists and just simply name them appropriately. ie I have my main set of patches, then a set list called "Power Amp". same set of patches I use for recording with the cabinet models disabled. So when I jam, just change the set list and the output mode. 

Yep this! I have setlists for going direct, going to a power amp and going to a power amp at lower volumes.

Check out my band Asyst: asysttheband.com

#6 pratikb

pratikb

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

So we can have different Output for setlists ?

#7 rublalup

rublalup

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

this is one thing I think a lot of users will apreciate. Be able to set xlr to direct mode while 1/4 are set compo power amp... or any other.  I´ve believe i´ve read that teh hd300 can do this... that makes no sense to me being the hd500 the top of the line.

#8 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1107 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

With the HD500 you cannot change the output mode based on a setlist.  You have to manually change it and it is global.  You can have a setlist that is dialed in for Direct and another that is very similar and dialed in for Amp Input but you have to change the output setting when you move from one to the other.

#9 pratikb

pratikb

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

:o

Not done Line6.

#10 kmoed

kmoed

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

Not sure I could see a practical application for switching output modes , How many scenarios can you have where you need to switch your output on the fly? If your playing live, your setup for your live rig, in the studio and going direct, setup for direct. 

What scenarios are you using where you need to switch this instantly ?

#11 rublalup

rublalup

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

Not sure I could see a practical application for switching output modes , How many scenarios can you have where you need to switch your output on the fly? If your playing live, your setup for your live rig, in the studio and going direct, setup for direct. 

What scenarios are you using where you need to switch this instantly ?

i dont need to switch them.... but it would be great if i could send  a"studio/direct" signal to PA while sending a combo power amp to my amps fx loop to monitor on stage.   

#12 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1107 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

I  do not think that the hardware can do that.  Studio/direct and combo pwr amp use different filters / models. 

#13 onetruevibe

onetruevibe

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

i dont need to switch them.... but it would be great if i could send  a"studio/direct" signal to PA while sending a combo power amp to my amps fx loop to monitor on stage.   

^This. My BOSS ME70 does this no problem.  I didn't even think to research if the HD500x did this before purchasing it.  Not a show stopper, but it would certainly be nice to have the flexibility to do this.

#14 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

while you can't have two output setting at the same time (ie XLR and 1/4) the POD will switch automatically depending on what is hooked up.  For instance, my POD is set to studio direct for when I want to record or go through my Velocity 300 to the PA cabs in stereo but as soon as I turn on my DT with the L6 link it automatically switches to Stack Power Amp without changing anything and back again as soon as I turn the DT off.

My only  point is that a simple On/Off FS in your XLR L6 link would let you switch from your DT to your PA/FRFR for acoustic for example and back again without having to dig into your POD settings.

l6+sig+pic-1.png   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod hd 500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users