Photo

How Much Voltage Variance Can Pod X3 Handle?

Best Answer Charlie_Watt , 14 January 2014 - 06:11 AM

That is perfectly normal.  It is an unregulated AC supply.  The voltage will vary depending on your line voltage.  I also assume you measured it unloaded - unplugged from the X3.  It will drop down some when you plug it in.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mallichae

mallichae

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

My POD X3 works fine as far as sound goes, but I have the dreaded blank screen of death. After doing some reading on this, I decided to test the Line 6 9v power supply that came with the device, and I do see that it is outputting 10.5 volts. Does anyone know from experience if the one-and-a-half extra volts would cause my issue?

#2 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1150 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:11 AM   Best Answer

That is perfectly normal.  It is an unregulated AC supply.  The voltage will vary depending on your line voltage.  I also assume you measured it unloaded - unplugged from the X3.  It will drop down some when you plug it in.

#3 mallichae

mallichae

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

Much appreciated, Charlie_Watt! I took the POD apart last night and lifted the LCD board to see if If I could move the ribbon connector around and get it to work. It was a no go, but I did notice that there were several solder joints that could use touching up, so I'm gonna give that a shot at some point in the near future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users