Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need Help: 4 Cable Method On Pod Pro Rack Mount

Mr_Powers

Hello All!
Let me start by saying that I'm a total n00b connecting effects pedals let alone using the 4 cable method.
I have the LINE 6 POD PRO RACKMOUNT EFFECTS PROCESSOR (link to pod: http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/line-6-pod-series-pod-pro-329756.jpg) and would
like to connect it to my Peavey 5150 II amp. Me and my buddy tried the 4 cable method with the help from various suggestions we found on the web. We got really close to making it work, but when we

would turn off the effects loop to cancel the effect from the POD we were still able to hear the amp model effect from the POD.

So here are some questions:
1 - If possible, how do I properly execute the 4 cable set up to my equipment. (Reverse side picture of POD & amp https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ebw0vrxilnmwqy/Photo%20Dec%2016%2C%208%2042%2046%20PM.jpg)
2 - is it possible to only get the true amp sound while hooked up to the POD?

3 - is it possible to use my amp's clean sound and use the effect from the POD, like the delay, flanger, chorus...etc., this would also mean bypassing the AMP MODELS settings from POD.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The correct connection setup is:

Guitar > Pod Guitar Input (cable 1)

Pod Send > Amp Guitar Input (Cable 2)

Amp Send > Pod Return (Cable 3)

Pod Left 1/4 Output > Amp Return (Cable 4)

To get your amp sound into your preset, make sure to add the FX loop block in the patch. You will have to play with the fx loop levels to get the proper sound

You can use clean or dirty sounds from the amp (same as above), but you will have to manually switch channels on the amp with it's footswitch, you can't do it from the Pod (unless the Peavey has midi control)

• Upvote 1

What silverhead said. Basically since your amp's preamp is now in the Pod FX Loop, the FX Loop block will represent your amp in your patch. If the FX loop is there and turned on, you'll hear your natural amp sound coming through (plus anything you have setup in the Pod) - if it's not enabled or not in your patch at all then you'll only hear sounds from the Pod.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I just found this while looking for information on the Pod Pro's FX loop and...
Guys, dbagchee, silverhead... the Pod Pro doesn't have any FX block. It has a stereo FX loop, but its position is fixed, and certainly, not configurable or represented in any way on any of the editors (Sound Diver, L6 Edit, Midiquest) or the unit's own interface.

The Pod Pro is not the Pod HD Pro. The topic is misplaced.

• Upvote 1

I just found this while looking for information on the Pod Pro's FX loop and...

Guys, dbagchee, silverhead... the Pod Pro doesn't have any FX block. It has a stereo FX loop, but its position is fixed, and certainly, not configurable or represented in any way on any of the editors (Sound Diver, L6 Edit, Midiquest) or the unit's own interface.

The Pod Pro is not the Pod HD Pro. The topic is misplaced.

There's so many Pod's specifics become very important.

line-6-pod-series-pod-pro-329756.jpg