6 replies to this topic

#1 davedelizza

davedelizza

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

So I have an old vetta II and the FBV longboard. Such a great controller. If I get an ethernet to usb adapter, does it send out midi? would I be able to use it with a guitar rig type program? Hate that it's collecting dust.

#2 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:33 AM

No, the FBV does not send MIDI data, it is just a switch board.

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15533 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

only the newer MKII pedals that have USB built in, work with a PC for midi.

#4 dwatford

dwatford

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:50 AM

I am not sure how to do this with Vetta series (i have POD HD Pro)  you can make the footcontroller change programs/ adjust functions etc to the amp and then you can make it send a midi out signal.

#5 markbrid

markbrid

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Another thing you can do is buy the cheapest used Line 6 product with a FBV input and midi jacks (such as a block logo Pod 2.0 or XT), and use it as a FBV to midi converter.  Most all Line 6 products with midi jacks and FBV input will output midi messages according to what function is selected on the FBV board.  You can often buy used Pod XT's for approximately $70, and pod 2.0's for a bit less on ebay or Guitar Center.

I have tried this with a FBV Express and Pod 2.0 and XT, however I am not sure if all functions on the FBV Shortboard will be translated by the Pod 2.0.

Here's another product that might work, a company called Disaster Area Designs is working on a USB class compliant midi to 5 pin midi converter.  It isn't released yet apparently, but it might be the perfect box to convert the shortboard USB to 5 pin midi.

#6 jblarue

jblarue

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

I bought a Line 6 Spider 210 (original, red face plate) and my bro in law gave me his old FBV Shortboard. Nothing happens when I plug in with an RJ45, tried multiple that I know work.

After all the reading I found that my amp is just to old. My question is: is there a way to "make" it work?

Thanks in advance...

jb

#7 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15533 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

the original spiders required a different controller called simply "floorboard" the newer FBV's will not work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users