Photo

Problem: Using G30 To Transform My Speakers To Wireless

wireless speakers

Best Answer dboomer , 20 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

All Line 6 wireless systems are unity gain so the output voltage is the same as the voltage of whatever you stick in the input.

As long as you don't exceed the input limit of 6v p-p you will not need to make any special arrangements.  Line level from XLR jacks can exceed this (depending on where you set your controls).  Outputs from 1/4" unbalanced jacks, RCA's or 1/8" jacks is usually low enough to not exceed the limit. I would also expect output directly from a laptop to be acceptable. But you will need to check the specs for your mixer/laptop  and make certain.

The inputs to all Line 6 wireless systems is unbalanced and when using 1/4" plugs you MUST use unbalanced TS style (mono) plugs as the ring connection is for "bias" voltage to power microphones.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sgouros

sgouros

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

Hello everybody

I really like the specs of G30 but I plan on using it in a different setup. What I need, is a wireless system that takes line level signal as input.This way I can feed my self-powered speakers from my mixer wirelessly - at least one of them :-) 

My proposed setup so far:

[MIXER] OUT

1/4 unbalanced jack ----cable----- 1/4 unbalanced jack

IN [Fame DI-120 which attenuates and balances the signal] OUT

(XLR balanced) ---cable------- ????? 

IN [G30 transmitter] OUT

(signal transmitted wirelessly)

IN [G30 receiver] OUT

(1/4 unbalanced jack) --cable----- (1/4 unbalanced jack)

IN [BEHRINGER Eurolive B615D Active speaker]

as you can see, my problem is that I cannot feed the XLR balanced signal to the G30 transmitter in order to complete my setup.

Do you have any ideas? Am I too optimistic about this proposed setup? Do you happen to know other products of line 6 with similar sound specifications to G30 that could help me?

many thanks in advance

George

#2 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2740 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Why not just run from the mixer to the transmitter omitting the DI?

#3 sgouros

sgouros

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

Thanks for the reply

Could I do this?

Is line signal the same as guitar signal?

what if instead of a mixer, I have a line signal from let's say the left channel of my laptop?

can I plug it directly to the transmitter??

#4 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2740 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:43 AM   Best Answer

All Line 6 wireless systems are unity gain so the output voltage is the same as the voltage of whatever you stick in the input.

As long as you don't exceed the input limit of 6v p-p you will not need to make any special arrangements.  Line level from XLR jacks can exceed this (depending on where you set your controls).  Outputs from 1/4" unbalanced jacks, RCA's or 1/8" jacks is usually low enough to not exceed the limit. I would also expect output directly from a laptop to be acceptable. But you will need to check the specs for your mixer/laptop  and make certain.

The inputs to all Line 6 wireless systems is unbalanced and when using 1/4" plugs you MUST use unbalanced TS style (mono) plugs as the ring connection is for "bias" voltage to power microphones.

#5 lilyren

lilyren

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

A useful post.I just want to see if someone can post something about the phone signal jammer.I'm wrting some articles about that and i have a little konwledge about that.

#6 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2740 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

They are illegal in the USA. I've tested a couple and like cell phones they don't really bother Line 6 wireless unless they are very close to the receiver (like a couple of feet)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users