Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Backing Up Hd 500x And Output Mode

Broncos

Hello every one, i have finally upgraded from my pod xt live to

the HD500X.... blown away by it!

Been googling and viewing this forum to get used of this new pedal.

A ton of great tips and tricks and I am getting the hang of it.

I never really got in the depth of what these pedals can do, but I am now learning

how to use it properly with my amp and not just with the headphones for practicing and recording riffs.

I am get aquanited with using the 4CM for effects and amp modeling bypassing the preamp

very cool stuff, but i have a long way to go......tweeking..... ;)

the line 6 monkey

I did all the updates ,flash etc and calibrated the pedal before starting to work with it.

I notice that the Monkey only has 're-install Latest as the only option.

Is there no way to back up all your presets for the HD500x?

Or is there some way to do it with the pod hd500x Edit?

I have figured out how to drag and drop tones to the edit then send it to the pedal

but this is how far i got so far

Also, is there a way to set the output mode, sigularily for each patch, rather then globally, so you dont have to

reach down and fiddle around with it when playing live?

thanks in advance

Rick

• Downvote 1

Wow, that was quick silverhead, thanks.

i will mess with it shortly. :)

so quick i remembered one more question about output mode and

didnt get it in time. :cheers:

Do you know if there is a way to set the output mode, sigularily for each patch, rather then globally, so you dont have to

thanks

Rick

Wow, that was quick silverhead, thanks.

i will mess with it shortly. :)

so quick i remembered one more question about output mode and

didnt get it in time. :cheers:

Do you know if there is a way to set the output mode, sigularily for each patch, rather then globally, so you dont have to

thanks

Rick

Unfortunately, the output mode is a global setting and cannot be set per patch.   Usually when playing live you would be just connected to one output - but with acoustics and electrics on offer via the JTV more and more people want to be connected to both FRFR systems and guitar amps - so if you are connected to different types of output for use with different patches, then if you want a specific output mode to match then you have no choice but to manually change it.  I would imagine though that most would settle on the output mode they use most and stick with that, and compromise on the patches for the other mode by tweaking them with EQ etc to get them to sound as good as they can.  However, if you use L6 LINK in conjunction with the dream rig, the JTV, the DTxx, and the L2 or L3,  then at the latest firmware levels, you can seamlessly swap from one to the other and have the correct mode automatically selected per patch.  I can't confirm this as I don't own everything but that is what I have seen written down in threads in the forum.

Thanks for the information.

My gear is in my siggy. :)

4CM using effects loop

I use my amps sound with hd effects and also use my amps power and the

hd pre's for different tones for my two cover bands and I have to change output mode to

achieve the different tones for different cover tunes, say up to 15 times for a gig.

We cannot arrange the songs so that my output mode is in order, that would be nice

but would not place songs in a particular order.

Does any body know if line 6 is rethinking this global output mode to single patches?

could it be a firmware update or do we have to wait for a new pedal to come out

and purchase that? Which at this point if I want to utilize my pedal in my live sound

I would not have a problem purchasing a newer more efficient pedal for that purpose.

Any incite is greatly appreciated

Rick