Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rechargeable Batteries For Pocket Pod

I just bought a Pocket POD. I know it says not to use rechargeable batteries, but has anyone tried? Does it harm the unit? It seems to me that the only issue would be that Rechargeables have a different discharge curve than alkaline batteries, but that would at worst shorten the use between recharges. Thoughts?

Many rechargeable batteries don't have the same initial charge as alkaline batteries. That's the issue, I believe.

Personally, I think you're better off simply picking up the power adapter and plugging to Pocket POD in when you can.

The power adapter is a bit inconvenient when you are on stage and already have guitar and headphones connected (at least that's what I'm planning to do). Unlike alakaline batteries, the voltage on a rechargeable drops more so before the current capacity expires, which for digital devices, may cause them to stop working sooner than with a Alkaline. I'd be willing to try rechargeables, as long as it won't damage the Pocket POD or void the warranty.

• 2 months later...

hey,i use my pocked pod with rechageables 3 years now,i just bought better once,cost a little more,but low self discharge and very very long use time

i use Sanyo AA NIMH 1.2 v 2700 mAh

i charge once a week at 1 to 2 hours playing a day

so i believe its save,in my un expert eyes that is