6 replies to this topic

#1 RADNYD

RADNYD

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

I just bought a Pocket POD and I am looking for recommendations for a pair of headphones that have sturdy cords and good output. I'm using a pair that came with my smartphone (they were handy) and the volume is not very loud when I play through without effects. I'm not looking for expensive $200 versions, but I am willing to spend $50 if they are more durable than a cheap pair and sound good.

Thanks

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5146 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Not sure how "loud" they will sound on a PP, but for the price the work fine for my MP3 players and Wii U controller.

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#3 RADNYD

RADNYD

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

Triryche - Thanks for the reply. My initial reason for the Pocket POD was hear my guitar while playing in a group, especially because I plug into a mixing board and we have 6 brass instruments. I find the volume of the Pocket POD not very loud until you add effects, which I don't always need or want...

#4 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5146 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

In that situation, you my need a separate headphone amp with a set of closed headphones.

Have you tried just using an amp model with no other effects?

#5 RADNYD

RADNYD

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

I haven't tried that. I'm just getting started...Thanks again...

#6 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11514 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

Also, make sure you Pocket Pod master volume is set to max. You can adjust this at powerup by holding down a certain pair of buttons. I can't remember exactly which buttons to hold down while powering up but the manual describes it. Powering up this way gives you access to a number of global parameters, including master volume.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#7 dbaudrate

dbaudrate

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

I like standard ear buds like skull candy.  They block out a lot of outside sound.  I used to stand in front of the horns in comfort...  The problem is that you'll need a feed for everything you want to hear.  I use a personal monitor system.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: headphone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users