8 replies to this topic

#1 kaineporter89

kaineporter89

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

I recently bought an fbv shortboard from eBay and have yet to receive it. I couldn't find any detailed info on it. I know its basic functions, but I can't seem to find answers on its more complex functions. can I control the looper of my spider IV 75w from the shortboard? And can I use the expression pedal for whammy effects?

#2 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1617 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

You maybe able to control some functions, but not all, and probably not the looper, either.  Only way to know is to try it out, the BV compatibility charts don't show the old Shortboard.

#3 kaineporter89

kaineporter89

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

I was afraid of that. kinda sucks. I'll know Thursday when it gets here. I'm going to be disappointed in my purchase if all it does is switch channels and control volume/wah. I don't want to have to try to sell it and track down the mk II just to be able to utilize all of the functions of my amp in a hands free manner

#4 kaineporter89

kaineporter89

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

I couldn't find any info on it anywhere. Google, Yahoo, YouTube. none of them helped

#5 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14802 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

it will work fine for pretty much everything... 

switch channels, wah, tuner, turn effects on/off.

you can even control the looper with it....

you might have to switch to the looper mode manually though... not sure...

the looper kind of sucks anyway... i mean its a cool little extra... but not something i'd recommend using in a show...

might work for some though... but that's my opinion.

#6 kaineporter89

kaineporter89

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

I don't really plan using it live. Rarely, if at all. but for YouTube vids and practice at home by myself, it would be superb to be able to record a loop and not have to try to do it while playing one handed lol

#7 kaineporter89

kaineporter89

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

If I used the looper live, it would only be to keep the rhythm part going while my co-guitarist and I harmonize

#8 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14802 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:40 AM

I think the spider looper is "quick loop" or just 14 seconds... something like that... 

for youtube etc.. as long as you don't plan to switch tones mid recording, just turn the looper on after you select the tone and record...

once you get the board, this will all make more sense... and you'll quickly see what i mean about the looper.

another note... you can't use the old board to update the amp... it has to be one of the newer ones...

so if your amp isnt already updated, you may not have the looper to worry about...

you may be able to borrow one from a friend or take it to the music shop to do the update... because after its updated you don't need the newer board.

#9 kaineporter89

kaineporter89

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

Well after fiddling with it extensively, I've found that it does in fact control the looper, whammy, volume and wah. and with 16 banks, 4 channels per bank, I can dial in any sound I need. I'll never need to buy another pedal (until either this one breaks, or I decide to get a different amp, in which case I'll get a pod hd500x). I lollipop love line 6. My band mate loves the smart harmony function. he said he's buying a spider IV now lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users