Photo

Newbie, Looking For Recording Solution

Best Answer TheRealZap , 22 January 2014 - 04:52 AM

i know you can use the xlr to record anything really. i don't think that it keeps your loops separate though.

sounds like you need one of those multitrack recorders and a footswitch honestly....

you could have fun with the looper, i just don't think you'd find it to be an adequate recording solution based on your questions.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Frisbsteve

Frisbsteve

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

I'm a newbie to recording.  I noticed the JM4 Looper and thought it'd be nice to have drum tracks as well as the other instrument tracks available for background as I lay down loops of rhythm, lead and maybe even vocals w/ the XLR imput option.  Another attractive feature is the SD card (ability to transfer to compurter & make audio copies or CD's).  So, my questions have to do w/ recording, and seperation of tracks for mixing purposes.

:unsure:

1.)  Can I record w/ the JM4 by mic'ing my guitar amp through the XLR input as I would vocals?  If so, will it also record loops of vocal tracks to overdub on those mic'd amp tracks?

:unsure:

2.)  Once I've created loops of "endless jam tracks" and/or "drum grooves" along w/ overdubs of self played tracks and saved them to SD card, will I be able to seperate tracks on computer software for mixing purposes later?

Thanks for your consideration, :wub:

Steph 

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15473 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:52 AM   Best Answer

i know you can use the xlr to record anything really. i don't think that it keeps your loops separate though.

sounds like you need one of those multitrack recorders and a footswitch honestly....

you could have fun with the looper, i just don't think you'd find it to be an adequate recording solution based on your questions.

#3 Frisbsteve

Frisbsteve

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:35 AM

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply and your opinion of my situation.  As a newbie, wanting to save money, all I have to go on is my ability to research and ask questions.  It seems you are correct according ot the reasearch I've done and otheres I've asked.  I appreciate your time and effort.  You've been a great help.

Steph

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users