Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Channel Switching....

Sixstringsling

Hi.

Its not possible to directly control any of those amps like that with the

POD and vice/versa. You'll have to control both separately unfortunately.

Line6 may have an amp that could do this easily via FBV port.

There are some instances where you can achieve this with

certain combinations of amps/MFX/Switches, but more often

than not, this would require a modification of some kind to keep

the switching lines compatible with the device your trying to control.

Boss seem to be the most thoughtful with this. They have switching

pedals that can interface with alotta different amps and MFX

pedals and even synths. EG: The Boss FS-6. FS-5U. and the FS-5L.

I doubt any of those will control the POD via the EXP.2 socket.

Pretty sure Line6 just made this socket exclusive to expression pedals 

only, where as other manufacturers have made this socket a dual

purpose one that can have either an expression OR a switching

pedal connected to it. But not both simultaneously.

Hope this helps.

There are also MIDI-driven amp switchers out there that you might be able to control as part of a POD patch. Not the cheapest solution, but a solution nonetheless.

Joe

Didn't think of that. And yes, a costly solution for a simple function.

or even cheaper: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/behringer-fcb1010-midi-footcontroller

$96

you could use that to control your POD remotely as well as switching amp channels... and if you gig a lot in small pubs/clubs like I have in the past - I'd much prefer for a little beer to be spilled on that Behringer pedal than my POD.

Cheers

Andy

or even cheaper: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/behringer-fcb1010-midi-footcontroller

$96

you could use that to control your POD remotely as well as switching amp channels... and if you gig a lot in small pubs/clubs like I have in the past - I'd much prefer for a little beer to be spilled on that Behringer pedal than my POD.

Cheers

Andy

Im not understanding how that behringer could give you access to channel switchin on those amps.

If the behringer connects to the POD HD500 directly via midi, whats going to amp to switch channels ?

I see 2 TRS type sockets on the back of the behringer, are they switching outputs rather than inputs ?

Yes that's right.

Here's the important line in the specs for the behringer:

2 programmable, relay-controlled switch jacks

Those are for switching amp channels which need simple on/off switched jacks, and I think from memory if you read the manual they can be set for different modes to suit different amps. Perhaps normally open or closed, latching or momentary. But check the manual and specs for the amps to confirm compatibility before buying.

Cheers

Andy

• 5 months later...

I'm sorry for being too slow but I own a Carvin V3 half stack with a serial loop and MIDI capability. So does this mean I could assign each patch of the Hd500X to change between my 3 amp channels?

Ps: I did this Midi amp channel switching with my TC Electronic G-System (which was even more complex to use than this HD500...

Side note: owned a Blackstar HT 40. First amp I've regretted selling. Great tones top to bottom. My bass player owns it now and promised me first dibs if he ever sells it. I still play through it now and then at our practice space and regret selling it every time.

Contemplating a new amp; ATM looking over a Marshall DSL40c or Blackstar ht 40. Both have dual channels and come with foot switches. Will my hd 500 work as a channel switch or will the factory foot switch work in conjunction with the hd?

Thanks

SSS