3 replies to this topic

#1 litesnsirens

litesnsirens

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

I have a pair of L3t's and an L3s (Also a pair or L2t's and a M20d). I have been using this system for about a month and I love it.  I just set up the L3t's, L3s and M20d back up in my basement and noticed I am getting kind of a crackling noise from one of the L3t's.   It's not as farty sounding as if there is blown speaker (but I don't know) it's a kind of crackling sound that lingers a bit when certain lower frequencies are played through it.  Otherwise it's still sounds pretty good.  It's past 30 days since I bought it so Long and McQuade says I'll have to send it in for service.  I was just wondering if there is anything else I can check in the meantime.  Could it be the result of a bad cable over the L6 link?

#2 litesnsirens

litesnsirens

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

I did a little more trouble-shooting today.  I got thinking about the problem and recalling that a blown speaker just isn't capable of having any decent sound at all.  So I figured it most be something else.  I turned on only that speaker and then plugged into the mixer in the side and played a few things through that.  Perfect sound... none of the crackling sound.  So having determined that there was nothing wrong with the speaker I figured it must be the cable.  Sure enough it was.  It's a brand new cable so I had a hard time thinking of it first.  But for anyone who is all hooked up via the Line 6 Link.  If you get some crackling in a speaker, replace the cable that is feeding that speaker.  Just a heads up.  It's a quick easy fix... if you know what it is !!!

#3 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11133 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

I have experienced a similar thing and also traced it to the L6 LINK cabling. However, in my case, it seems the problem was a temporary connection issue and not a faulty cable. The symptom disappeared for me by simply disconnecting and reconnecting the same cable.

I'm not sure this is the same for you but it might be worth testing that cable again before discarding it.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#4 litesnsirens

litesnsirens

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

Thanks silverhead, I'll try the cable again. I had unplugged and plugged if back in but only on the offending speaker. The flawed connection could have been at the sending speaker. Like I said brand new cable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users