Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt Customizer Question

kentano2000

I'm totally digging my DT 25!  I'm using the customizer app to switch amp models and just thought of something.  When switching the preamps, are they automatically paired with the correct topology?  Or is there a way to match preamps with different topologies.  And no, I'm not using a POD HD with my DT.  Thanks!

Not sure which software you are using but the one I have has a switch to "Use Defaults"

I start there then change up to taste.

I believe you can have any topology with any other settings.

On the customizer I used it had them described as 'feedback loop" I believe because the 4 Roman numerals in the customizer interface are actually presets. So you can be on channel A and Roman numeral II but assign feedback loop characteristic 'tight' which really describes the Roman numeral I if you were in the Pod HD Edit....

In the customizer, selecting I, II, III or IV will change to a new preset location on that channel where you can assign an amp pre, topology, and class, etc. Just make the selections and change the channel or Roman numeral and the choices are saved.

You can assign 4 'presets' per channel but I believe if you change the settings while playing the changes are remembered so put them back before you go to another channel or Roman numeral if you want to keep that preset the way it was when you programmed it.

The basic settings bass, middle, treble, drive, volume, presence, called Outside settings, are not saved

Thank you Aggravation.  So if I am hearing you correctly, the "Tight," "Loose," "Zero," and "Resonant" choices refer to the original topologies?  Tight would be American Clean, Loose- British Crunch, Zero- British Chime, and Resonant- Modern High Gain? Of course I can then choose Class A or A/B and Pentode/Triode on top of that.  Let me know and thanks again!

no... tight loose etc... is the amp topology without the pre-amp setting... 

(meaning selecting those options is different than selecting I-IV on the amp itself)

DT customizer basically turns it into an amp factory.. you use a modeled pre-amp and you can setup the amp characteristics how ever you want.

Thank you Aggravation.  So if I am hearing you correctly, the "Tight," "Loose," "Zero," and "Resonant" choices refer to the original topologies?  Tight would be American Clean, Loose- British Crunch, Zero- British Chime, and Resonant- Modern High Gain? Of course I can then choose Class A or A/B and Pentode/Triode on top of that.  Let me know and thanks again!

You can independently change amp models, or you can apply all the default parameters when you switch amp models. Topology (or Negative Feedback Loop type) can be changed independently at any time.

It's important to understand that the voicing numbers (I, II, III, IV) no longer correlate to the default topologies, once you change amp models. They are more like "banks".

I hope I answered your question.

Cass