Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I Seem To Suck When Saving Presets..

diggerbarnz

I'm back @ square one w/arranging presets...I combine both hd edit & pod itself when editing effects...I enter a model where needed & double-click save on the  pod - seems I WAS doing "send selected from edit" 1st then double saving on pod & STILL. .  as I go through presets, I'm noticing certain ones w/an asterisk beside them on pod & model area is greyed out.

I prefer using just the laptop...but... I dunno wtf - where am I goin wrong folks?

Also I should add that certain "modeled guitars" show correctly on screen BUT they're NOT what I've chosen - 

I use acoustic 5 as 1st patch in every bank....I just noticed some of them have an "F" in front of them...does that mean they're f$%^ed lol

DO I NOT connect via usb until all is edited & saved & then transfer to pod?

1st of all, use only one editing way, either the pod unit, or the edit, not together.

2nd, the F= factory, and the U=user, this is for the version 1,71 of the jtv, that you can use either the factory set guitar that is on the model knob, or your edited guitar that you created.So, for your way of use, use the U guitars.

3rd and final, if you are using only the HD edit, select first the patch with the asterisk with your mouse, and then sent it from the top left corner to the pod.

Hope it helped, Aris.

I enter a model where needed & double-click save on the  pod 

That's all you have to do, after the first click you can select which patch and setlist location you want it to be saved.

I WAS doing "send selected from edit" 

This is how you save from the laptop.  Make sure you have highlighted the ones you want to save otherwise they won't save.  To highlight more than one patch, hold CTRL and select as many as you want.

To highlight many patches in a row, highlight the first one, hold 'Shift' then highlight the last one, all in between will then highlight. 

If you use both methods, obviously the second one you save will overwrite the first one you've saved. You may be saving them then overwriting with the original patch.

s

• 2 weeks later...

Also I should add that certain "modeled guitars" show correctly on screen BUT they're NOT what I've chosen - 

I use acoustic 5 as 1st patch in every bank....I just noticed some of them have an "F" in front of them...does that mean they're f$%^ed lol

Yeah, that totally messed me up too, and I asked literally the identical question! What the heck are these "F" versions? Oops, then someone pointed out to me that the JTV was not the default in HD edit or something, basically it was showing me/you the Variax 700/etc versions.

Voila! Change it to JTV>

Everything else everyone else said is also true, just use the HD edit software, then be sure to 'send' the selected patches to the HD500.

• Upvote 1