#1 stevespod

stevespod

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hello

Just wanted to follow up a post from february asking about using an fbv mkII foot controller with an ipad.

I use one and it's fantastic. I use it with a powered hub (battery powered with an iPhone type usb rechargeable battery pack).

With a camera connection kit it seems very reliable. I use it with JamUp Pro for guitar effects and for controlling Loopy HD. It also works well with Amplitube.

The FBV mkII has always been great for me for its versatility (great with Reason), but this has made it even better and helped remove the computer element from my rig... Almost.

#2 Pod_God

Pod_God

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for the info. Bought a cheap powered hub from future shop and now I have foot control for Jamup, Amplitube and StompBox. I have MobileIn, but unfortunately it uses the same connection as the camera connection kit, and the app doesn't support midi.

#3 bbyd79

bbyd79

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

I've got an MKii express foot controller, the powered hub, and an Ipad camera connection kit, and my Ipad with retina display won't recognize the controller in Loopy HD ?

Can anyone tell me what specific settings I need to use when I set up the controller switches to send Midi CC# messages 1-4 for each pedal (set up on my PC) ...

What am I missing ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

BB

#4 Hindilogo

Hindilogo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

Stevepod,

Exactly how did you connect your Line 6 MKII Express Pedal Board to your iPad? Does it matter what gen iPad: 1, 2, 3, 4? Currently I have iPad 2 with iRig Midi. I believe the Line 6 midi and iRig are identical. Do you use this or something else as a midi dock to the iPad? So, I say again, exactly how did you connect your Line 6 MKII Express Pedal Board to your iPad?

Would be forever grateful if you anwer this question. Line 6 if you are listening, do you have the answer?

#5 Mahousse

Mahousse

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

Stevepod,

Exactly how did you connect your Line 6 MKII Express Pedal Board to your iPad? Does it matter what gen iPad: 1, 2, 3, 4? Currently I have iPad 2 with iRig Midi. I believe the Line 6 midi and iRig are identical. Do you use this or something else as a midi dock to the iPad? So, I say again, exactly how did you connect your Line 6 MKII Express Pedal Board to your iPad?

Would be forever grateful if you anwer this question. Line 6 if you are listening, do you have the answer?

Hello Hindilogo, 

As I'm also using the FBV with an iPad a powered usb hub and JamUp, here we go : 

- plug the hub battery pack to any plug of your room (it is a powered hub after all, you need POWER)

- connect the camera connection kit to the ipad 30pin / lightning port (depending on your iPad, both kits are sold by Apple)

- connect the powered usb hub to the camera connection kit (the powered hub is sold with a mini-usb/usb type A jack)

- connect the pedalboard to any USB entry of the hub

(you can connect any other USB devices to the hub, which is acting as an extension of the initial camera connection kit...)

Bingo. Hope that helps... ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fbv mkii, ipad, jamup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users