33 replies to this topic

#21 ChristianArnold

ChristianArnold

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

I sure wish they would at least allow music from itunes match to be streamed, I guess I'll just have to use two apps, one for music streaming and one for controlling the amp. At this point, I love a couple of tones and just want to jam along to a tons of stuff with those tones.

Check out all my youtube videos featuring Line 6 products here. www.youtube.com/christianarnoldmusic

#22 archtopeddy

archtopeddy

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

I sure wish they would at least allow music from itunes match to be streamed, I guess I'll just have to use two apps, one for music streaming and one for controlling the amp. At this point, I love a couple of tones and just want to jam along to a tons of stuff with those tones.

That what I do for music I play on Spotify.  I start Spotify, play a song via bluetooth through AMPLIFI, and then go to the AMPLIFI app to use  or adjust various tones I have saved in My Tones.  AE

#23 jbow

jbow

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

So... you can stream Spotify via Bluetooth through the AMPLIFI? I was looking at getting an iLOUD or a small Onkyo system with Bluetooth mainly for use on a large screened porch. Someone suggested the AMPLIFI, which I had already been thinking about but when I looked at the specs or something on the Line6 page I got the idea that I could only use Bluetooth to play songs that are loaded onto my IOS device. I understand if I cannot pull up tones for playing guitar if I use Spotify but being able to use it as a Bluetooth player with Spotify, playing online albums and Spotify radio is important to me. I want to be sure that I can actually do this with the AMPLIFI. Originally, I was thinking of getting an AMPLIFI 150 to play tunes  through and jam along with my Mark V combo.... but if it is limited to playing only what is physically on my device (iPhone 5) that will be a deal breaker.

I hope my question isn't too confusing... bottom line, can I stream Spotify albums and radio via Bluetooth through the AMPLIFI ?

Right now I am using Amplitude, MultiDaw, Audiobus, and some other stuff for a mobile solution. My main thing in checking this out is to use for something to wirelessly play Spotify while grilling and having a beer... playing guitar through it will be a plus of course but I have plenty of amps... and can use the APP for selected songs if I want to do that.

I used to use Toneport Online and loved it... I am a little confused about what it has become, but I'll figure it out.

At present I have a Flextone III Pus, an original POD (upgraded to POD II), and a Toneport UX-2 (which I don't think is supported by Customtone... not sure).

#24 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

It should stream any audio from your Bluetooth device.

However, once you start the AMPLIFi Remote app, you can only stream from within the app.

#25 jbow

jbow

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

Thanks Guru!

Julien

#26 popejoy

popejoy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:19 AM

I would make an effort to go to a store and check out the speaker system on this amp.  Although it is a 5 speaker system, the 75 watt only has an 8" speaker supporting bass.  I own this amp and have used it to mess around with the guitar tones that can be obtained from it, but when it came to listening to music, I thought it was a little weak.  It is made as a guitar amp, and for that, not a bad of one.  One option would be to buy the 150 watt version, but at $500 you could purchase a mighty fine wireless speaker instead.

I also had an issue with "turning off" the effects, so my music also had some tone settings which were not preferable.  Anybody know a simple way of turning them off?

#27 jbow

jbow

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Thanks popejoy, I was thinking the same. I found a new product from Amphony. A model 300 Bluetooth receiver/amp, 20hz to 20khz and 40w per channel RMS, about the size of a deck of cards and has regular stereo speaker wire hookups for 70 bucks. I have speakers and can get more... I think it will fit my needs but I still may be interested in a AMPLIFI 150 later to help me learn licks and riffs. Though I don't see how it will compare with the old Toneport Online...

#28 ChristianArnold

ChristianArnold

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

Thanks popejoy, I was thinking the same. I found a new product from Amphont. A model 300 Bluetooth receiver/amp, 20hz to 20khz and 40w per channel RMS, about the size of a deck of cards and has regular stereo speaker wire hookups for 70 bucks. I have speakers and can get more... I think it will fit my needs but I still may be interested in a AMPLIFI 150 later to help me learn licks and riffs. Though I don't see how it will compare with the old Toneport Online...

Check out these two videos. Hopefully this will help you understand the sound quality.

Check out all my youtube videos featuring Line 6 products here. www.youtube.com/christianarnoldmusic

#29 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

I also had an issue with "turning off" the effects, so my music also had some tone settings which were not preferable.  Anybody know a simple way of turning them off?

The effects in the AMPLIFi should not affect the music streaming via Bluetooth.

#30 popejoy

popejoy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

Thanks Guru ! Must just be my ears. ;)

#31 RafterRattler

RafterRattler

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

However, once you start the AMPLIFi Remote app, you can only stream from within the app.

Unfortunately, I returned my Amplifi because the occasional bluetooth dropouts were driving me crazy.  However, while I had it, the above was not true.   ALL of my music is in my personal cloud, so I used other DLNA software to play it - and it played via bluetooth.  I just couldn't stream it from within the remote app.  I had to start streaming from the DLNA app, then while it was playing I could switch to the Amplifi remote app and do whatever I wanted and my music kept playing.   Even better, I could stream music from my personal cloud through my android tablet connected to the Amplifi WHILE my iPad was also connected and editing/changing patches.   It was really quite slick...just not reliable.   In order to do it, I had to go into the remote app settings and enable the advanced routing so I could specify a different audio source.

Mike

#32 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

That's good to know!

I guess it depends on what you are streaming from before launching the AMPLIFi remote app.

Hopefully they will iron out the drop out issues.

#33 Shakey64

Shakey64

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, England

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

Anyone have any issues with the amplif app overwriting the music settings on their iPhone?  I had iTunes match but v little on my iPhone. I found that if I changed the amplify app settings to "hide songs not on this device" it did the same within iTunes.  

#34 Shakey64

Shakey64

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, England

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

Anyone have any issues with the amplif app overwriting the music settings on their iPhone?  I had iTunes match but v little on my iPhone. I found that if I changed the amplify app settings to "hide songs not on this device" it did the same within iTunes.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amplifi, itunes, ios, apple, iphone, ipad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users