Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stagesource L2m Vs. Zlx-12p For Personal Modeling Amplification/monitoring?

flvinny521

I've been keeping up with the ElectroVoice ZLX-12P and had more or less settled on purchasing one to use as my modeling "amp." However, I decided to do a little more research into the Line6 StageSource products, and now I'm torn.

I'll be running a non-Variax electric into my Pod X3 Live. Recently, my wife and I had twins, so I'm taking a break from the band and this will be used at home for the foreseeable future, tilted back as a monitor. At some point, I will likely go back to gigging (small clubs), and I'll be using these as a personal monitor, running an XLR to the board for FOH sound.

Although the reviews on the ZLX have been mostly favorable, I am concerned that there must have been some cost-cutting with some components and it may not be something I can rely on for years to come. That being said, at this time, I don't plan on using a lot of the other features of the L2M, such as expanding to a large, linked PA system.

Does anybody have experience with both of these specific models that can share some observations. Is the extra cost of the StageSource speaker "worth it" for me?