7 replies to this topic

#1 ethyl80

ethyl80

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Anyone try one yet? I have no interest in it being Pod X3 technology, but anyone try one going in to the Aux input from the HD500 headphone out?

At $400, the 75watt might be a good solution for jam-along and home use, but with the only stereo input being 1/8" I'm not sure about any loss in quality.

I mean, it's a more verstaile rig than a $200 set of studio monitors....

#2 innovine

innovine

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

i'd rather get studio monitors, and avoid all the bluetooth nonsense. I'd be surprised if the bluetooth didn't add latency, compression artifacts, noise and security issues. I don't want my speakers all pushed together into a little box, I want a proper stereo field. 

#3 innovine

innovine

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

I also don't like that low-res photo of the hipster with the longboard.

#4 spikey

spikey

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

So anyone tried the iPad with speakers yet?  :P

#5 RNRage

RNRage

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

I'm getting one for this very purpose. I have mine on preorder and will report back as soon as I receive it and try it. I'm going to use a dual 1/4" to stereo 1/8" and run from the L/R 1/4" to the Aux In.

Endorses:
Amps: Mesa Boogie, Fender, Blackheart, Line 6
Guitars: Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, Takamine
Effects: Line 6, Boss, MXR, DOD, Ibanez, Crafter, Mesa Boogie, Heil, Morley

#6 tgastel

tgastel

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFreeport, IL

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

Hello.  It's three months from the last post to this thread....

Any updates on this?  I *just* had this same idea about 3 minutes ago, Googled and landed here.

I had an Amplifi 150 for a while, then learned about the HD500.  I traded the Amplifi for an HD500x.  Then bought a week later got a JTV and DT25 (yeah, Dream Rig).  The DT25 seems to be a bit more of a power house than I (or my neighbors) need.  I'm wondering too if the HD500x and Amplifi would be a good match cabled like RNRage mentioned.

I want the DT25 to do the dry and something for wet effects.  Looks like the way to do this right is a mixer and another set of speakers, which I have and am trying to get away from.  The Amplifi does this already.

<a few minutes pass and some nicotine is inhaled>

Okay.  This just got complex.  My last sentence above doesn't pertain.  That wouldn't be the right way to connect the two.  The amp should still be connected as an amp probably via FX Send from HD to guitar input of Amplifi and for stereo come out of HD from ____ to Amplifi's AUX in for stereo/wet.  And the iPad gets involved again.

Someone please jump in here and straighten me out. :-)

My "Dream Amp" would be adding the stereo functionality (mids and tweets) to the DT25.  No bluetooth, matching, etc.

I just about deleted this post, and I should because I don't want to create any confusion, but I'm curious where this conversation may go....

- Tony

#7 drkssrivatsan

drkssrivatsan

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

can we use the amplify with pod hd 500

#8 tgastel

tgastel

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFreeport, IL

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Connected as RNrage said, using a two 1/4" TS (mono) to single 1/8" TRS (stereo) cable, 1/4" outs from the POD to 1/8" AUX IN on the Amplifi.  Here's the one I use:

http://www.sweetwate...e/detail/CMP159

Doing this is just using the Amplifi as a FRFR speaker, bypassing the affects and other features of the Amplifi.  Oh, the 1/4" switch by the pedal should be set to Line and I'm using Studio/Direct output mode.

It sounds great to me.  I can distinctly hear two amps on a dual amp patch.

I'm toying with getting a 2nd Amplifi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users