Best Answer radatats , 28 January 2014 - 10:08 AM
There is no reason to use the FX loop or to bypass the L6 link connection. What we want to do is bypass the amp modeling within the POD and send a clean signal to the DT. This is easily done with a few small settings changes to an empty new tone patch. Here is how I did it and it works great.
- Set input to Variax, same. (you may need to change from global to preset which may mean checking all your other patches)
- make a dual channel setup with Fliptop pre amp in channel A with no cab, change topology to III.
(topology III changes the physical settings in the power section and just gets that nice sort of resonance you would expect from an acoustic)
- no amp in channel B.
- in the mixer Mute channel A, channel B to 0 or higher if needed, and center both channels.
- place Tile reverb as last effect in chain.
- place a graphic EQ in the pre section with the two lower sections set to -2db, top 2 knobs to +1db. (adjust to taste, this worked for my cab)
This patch works amazing with my DT25 head, 2X12 sealed cab with Celestion V30s and it should work fine with any other DT setup. It's not rocket science. I don't know why it shouldn't sound good at volume for everyone as it just sounds sweet with my set up. It may not be perfect but it works with all 5 acoustic models.Go to the full post