The XLR out on the DT provides a transformer tapped direct out with cabinet simulation.
Here are some questions I have, maybe someone can answer them...
- does transformer tapped mean they are pulling the same audio that is going to the speaker including power section distortion just at a much lower level straight from the output transformer?
- how is cab sim applied? Does that signal then go back into the DT for processing to add the cab sim?
- if I am already using cab sims with my amp/preamp modeling, why would I want another cab sim applied to the output here?
- if it is the same type of cab sim as with the amp/pre, what cab are they using? what mic are they using?
- is it linked to the internal amp models stored or to the one being used from the POD?
- can the cab sim be adjusted or changed with an external editor in any way?