34 replies to this topic

#1 HuntsvilleGator

HuntsvilleGator

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Am I overlooking the real manual at line6.com/support/manuals/ ?  The unit shipped with Pilot Handbook and has a flyer directing owners to the website for the full manual, but I don't see one.  

#2 meph210

meph210

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Registered Products:5

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

I haven't found it, either. The Pilot's Guide says that it, too, is available via the website but clearly isn't.

#3 charlyg

charlyg

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationWest Hills, Ca
  • Registered Products:4

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

C'mon guys, where's the manual?

Guitars - '93 Epi Sheraton II, cheap Maestro hotrodded LPjr  Bass - '94 Epi NR Tbird V
Amps - AMPLIFi 150, Tweaker 15(head)>ADA SS(JBLs), Yamaha THR10, Ampeg MicroVR>PB-212
Pedals - Eleven Rack w/FCB1010(PROM2), Soul Food(JHS), 5 iStomp
Recording - iPad mini ,iTrack Solo, Sonic Port

#4 motoxfun

motoxfun

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

Yeah I am not seeing it either, I hope the equipment is better than the website!

#5 Marekski

Marekski

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

Where's the Manual for Amplifi 150 as Stated in the Pilots Guide?

This happens an awful lot with Line 6 Manuals!

I really enjoy your Products, but your Support leaves a lot to be desired!!!

#6 archtopeddy

archtopeddy

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

+1 regarding the manual. Let's get this thing on-line as a download please!

#7 charlyg

charlyg

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationWest Hills, Ca

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:45 AM

The manual is now online! It is the same as the printed manual. For some reason, I was expecting one with more detail.

Guitars - '93 Epi Sheraton II, cheap Maestro hotrodded LPjr  Bass - '94 Epi NR Tbird V
Amps - AMPLIFi 150, Tweaker 15(head)>ADA SS(JBLs), Yamaha THR10, Ampeg MicroVR>PB-212
Pedals - Eleven Rack w/FCB1010(PROM2), Soul Food(JHS), 5 iStomp
Recording - iPad mini ,iTrack Solo, Sonic Port

#8 archtopeddy

archtopeddy

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:24 AM

My guess is Line 6 put the Pilot's Guide up in the manual section as a place-holder for the actual full manual.  The Pilot's Guide only covers the parts of the amplifier and the only reference to the software app -- the heart of the Amplifi system -- is that you can download it from the App Store.  Line 6 clearly notes in the "Congratulations" sheet that, quote:  "The enclosed Quick Start manual gives you the basics for getting up and running. The full manual for your product can be downloaded for free at http://line6.com/support/manuals/."

I think it's important to continue requesting -- and expect to receive -- an appropriate manual for the Amplifi amps. Receiving a manual is a most basic expectation for a new product, and I await Line 6 to come through for us.  AE

#9 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1816 posts
  • LocationGreece
  • Registered Products:12

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

http://line6.ideasca...al/585329-23508

Not that I will ever buy this toy, but people who like it should get at least a freaking manual.

Before line6 was called line6... they used to do r&d for other companies like alesis + others. and when those customers came to visit the offices of line6 (before it was called line6) and the receptionist needed to warn all the guys who were designing products for other companies (and for themselves... ) who were like 'in the back' the receptionist would announce over a tannoy 'tellephone call for 'fred smith' on line 6' the cunning part was that they only had 5 telephone lines, so it was the secret code for "hide your sh1t the feds are comin'" or "someone's coming, let's hide these PODs that we aren't going to release for another few years so they don't see them" 

BEST CABS: www.studiocat.com

#10 Guitarplayer1130

Guitarplayer1130

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:17 AM

Bump

Any news on the manual yet?

#11 guitarman001

guitarman001

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Registered Products:6

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

I' m like everyone else on here , the manuals that line 6 have are not very good , and only touches part of the product , wish they would do more with there manuals . I also have other products from line 6 and same thing, have the stagescape m20d and the store called rep for foot controllers , and everyone he said would work with the unit doesn't it's frustrating . Line 6 let's get in the game with manuals. Oh I wonder if anyone reads this?????

#12 radatats

radatats

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Oh I winder if anyone reads this?????

Unfortunately just us fellow users unless there is an opportunity to encourage us to buy more gear... the only place I consistently see any official company presence is in the stage source forums...

Quit complaining and DO something or help somebody with their issues...

#13 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2515 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:09 AM

:PThey must have been taking lessons from Apple. 

#14 urbanspaceblast

urbanspaceblast

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

Full List of AMPLIFi Amps, Cabs, and Effects

http://line6.com/sup...fampsandeffects

#15 chuckewheat

chuckewheat

Just Startin'

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

When I made a post about getting a manual with my new Spider IV-75 all I got for my efforts was the posting of negitive votes on my profile by the Company "Experts". Seems here that I'm not the only one who thinks that getting a REAL manual with your gear isn't too much to ask. Heck, they could have a DVD in the box with all the info and instructional video's included for about .60 cents a pop. I just bought a VACUUM CLEANER for goodness sakes and it had a complete DVD included.

I think the last thing people want to do after buying new stuff, is to put it down and then have to search for instructions and manuals on-line. Then when you get a manual they are poorly written and hard to follow in my experiance.

#16 Brad_Ames

Brad_Ames

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

Isn't that why this forum sort of exists though? I admit a manual would be great, but personal experience is better IMHO than reading an entire manual...to an extent

#17 guitarman001

guitarman001

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

When are they going to update stagescape videos to the latest updates 1.2 all line6 videos are outdated. Ugh!!!!

#18 mmfb2001

mmfb2001

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:58 AM

Still no sign of a manual. Unforgivable really.

#19 rsm0

rsm0

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:13 AM

Just curious...  what do you want to see in a manual?

I have an AMPLIFi FX100 and 150.  The Pilot Guide gives you the basics on what the controls on the hardware device do; the rest of the "brains" are in the AMPLIFi Remote mobile app which I find very easy to use.

I'm not missing a manual...I don't see the need for one.  What do you want to see documented in a manual?

#20 jdebiase

jdebiase

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:21 PM

I'm not missing a manual...I don't see the need for one. What do you want to see documented in a manual?

I totally agree. The app is the brain of this tool. It is so easy and intuitive. You are not going to learn anything in a manual that you cannot experiment on your own to learn. No tools required!! Just play guitar and have fun!!
Jim
Ps. If you want every feature built in to the amp you could have just bought a very inexpensive Spyder IV and played along with an MP3 player connected to a jack in the amp. A lot more playing and a lot less fiddling!

#21 jdavidboyd

jdavidboyd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:05 AM

Full List of AMPLIFi Amps, Cabs, and Effects

http://line6.com/sup...fampsandeffects

I like the list, but I wish the effects section went into greater detail on what the controls for each effect are.

#22 rsm0

rsm0

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:19 AM

I like the list, but I wish the effects section went into greater detail on what the controls for each effect are.

Not meaning to be snarky, but what I do is try the effects out and see what the controls do...it's time consuming but works better listening than reading a description.   I get my amp model set, then add effects, usually ones I like and already use, unless I want to be in the "I just bought a new effect pedal" experience mode...i.e., trying an effect model I normally don't use.  It keeps things from getting stale over time. 

When I add an effect, I set all the controls to center/noon, and adjust each between min and max to see what they do, then work on dialing in the effect I'm after.  I enjoy this process...and I think hearing what things do is better than reading about what they're supposed to do

#23 jdavidboyd

jdavidboyd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

Nothing wrong with snarky, if that's how you're feeling!

I do the same thing, play with the effects, until I get it to sound like I want (or don't).

But I've always been a documentation nut.   Everything I buy, I read the manual, then hook up/assemble/turn on the device, play with it, then read the manual again to see if I missed anything, or to get that 'ah ha' moment now that I know what they were talking about.

I'd just like to see that.  I can certainly live without a manual, but I love 'em so!   :-)

Have a great day!

#24 johnnysparko

johnnysparko

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:22 PM

I am a keen fan of manuals, not for the "how do I use it" but for the "trouble shooting". It's good to have a hard copy to read while following instructions, and to jot notes on if needed. JpW.

#25 aiteacher

aiteacher

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:51 PM

All Line 6 offers for Amplifi 150 is a pilot's guide. Users who have been linked to a full fledged user guide are completely tricked. There is none. Line 6, with all of its brilliance, seems completely tone deaf and uncaring for this lack of information. Go back to the Spyder Mark II. Lots of manuals and supporting docs. Is anyone at Line 6 even there, or are there only robots?

#26 Tmidiman

Tmidiman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Registered Products:11

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:12 AM

One thing that a manual would have brought out was that you can have multiple instances of an effect and that effects blocks can be changed. As it is I was lucky to notice that a preset I downloaded had 2 delay blocks. I had to do some digging and experimenting to find out how to change it. This is a huge feature! It's barely mentioned in the remote manual, just barely.

I lave a ton of Line 6 gear, going back to the original POD. Coming from a time when Line 6 gave a lot more detail to getting very little, is a bit disappointing. I agree that with music the best thing is to use your ears when hearing what options the various controls give you, but a bit of detail never hurt either.

#27 RustyPots

RustyPots

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

Is it possible to get hold of the original pod manual? I can only find the one for the v2.

#28 Tmidiman

Tmidiman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:30 PM

Is it possible to get hold of the original pod manual? I can only find the one for the v2.

Here you go. Get it before it's gone!

http://synthmanuals....ual_english.pdf

#29 RustyPots

RustyPots

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:44 PM

Thanks!

#30 paul921

paul921

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:23 PM

Actually I think that is just the Pilots Guide.

#31 Tmidiman

Tmidiman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

Actually I think that is just the Pilots Guide.

The Pilots Guide is the full manual. That's what the full manual was called for the Original POD.

#32 jvinten

jvinten

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:43 PM

There is now a full manual on the remote app. Problem is you can not print it. But at least there is one.

JV-J

#33 jdavidboyd

jdavidboyd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:54 AM

Really?  I'll have to check that out when I get home to my music room tablet.  Thanks for the info.

#34 jdavidboyd

jdavidboyd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:03 AM

There is now a full manual on the remote app. Problem is you can not print it. But at least there is one.

JV-J

Where at?  I don't seem to be able to locate it.  I don't see a help section, manual, anything such as that.

#35 jvinten

jvinten

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:45 AM

The manual is on the remote app, at least on my tablet . Go to settings and then AMPLIFI Remote Manual, which is the third entry under ABOUT. The manual is a rev B dated 2016, which is a lot more detailed than the 2013 version that came along with my app when I bought the amp. I did not specifically download it so it must have been automatically updated. It was there before I updated my firmware three days ago. I have not been able to find the 2016 version  on any searches on Google.

danskerman