19 replies to this topic

#1 emmebbi

emmebbi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

Hi, I have the freezing screen problem when powering on. I need to try five to ten times before the mixer load its OS.
I never had this problem with previous 1.10 firmware. I already tried three times to reinstall the new 1.20 firmware.... and I do not have any old scene or setup or sound....
What can I do now????
Honestly I'm really disappointed about this product because still after one year it is not affordable.

#2 kmachman

kmachman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

this happened to me and removing the sd card when booting cured it.

Good luck

#3 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2524 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

I'm confused ... you say that v1.10 was "previous" but you cannot install v1.2??  What version are you currently running?

#4 jeanpicasso

jeanpicasso

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:55 AM

I hope you get it to work really soon. nothing worse than having a product that doesnt work..

im alittle curious tho:

"Honestly I'm really disappointed about this product because still after one year it is not affordable."

what do you mean by this? are you dissapointed that the price hasnt gone down??

As I see it, im really happy that its not half price of when i bought it. :mellow:

#5 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

I think a great deal of this may arise from problems that attach to being forced to use our weirdest of all languages, "English", when it is NOT your native tongue. :wacko:

So, let's be a little "gentle" here folks.  :)

I'm figuring that... 

...I already tried three times to reinstall the new 1.20 firmware...

probably means "...I've successfully reinstalled v1.20 three times, but the 'screen freezing' problem remains..."

and that this...

...Honestly I'm really disappointed about this product because still after one year it is not affordable...

should probably be read as "...after one year it is still not viable..." [Ron M's emphasis.]

So, let us now talk to our (understandably frustrated) friend, emmebi...

I believe that we first met in this discussion, http://line6.com/sup...reezing-screen/.

Now I'm asking whether it may help for you to either

1. Get help from a friend who has very good English or
  2. Use something like http://translate.google.com

to translate all of that previous thread ?

Please understand that there is not (nor will there be) ANY disrespect in such a question.

It is just that most folk find that, when they follow the "pathways" that have been posted there, they generally find a "fix" or "work around" for this problem, ...so maybe a clearer translation may reveal some "steps" that have been missed.

#6 emmebbi

emmebbi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

Hi Ron, I'm not english native but it was not so hard to understand what I wrote, infact you did, thanks.
I've correcty installed 1.2 firmware for three times. And I have only one new scene into one new setup, and no sd card. But the screen freeze very often when I power on the mixer.
And sometimes one monitor A icon appear on the screen, even if I did not put any cable into the monitor A output.
I previously said that I'm not happy with this mixer because after one year that I bought it, still it is not so affordable to be used every day.
That's it.

#7 Digital-sound

Digital-sound

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

I understood you as well but had nothing to offer. As long as "affordable" is indeed meant to be "viable" or possibly even "reliable".

I however, have found the mixer to be completely reliable so far. But, I have not had the freezing screen issue.

#8 ArneLine6

ArneLine6

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

Emmebbi, this sounds like a hardware problem that should be fixed. Please contact our customer service. I am sure we can resolve this.

The US support team can be reached at 818-575-3600 (option 2), Mon-Fri 8am - 5 pm PST. Our busiest hours are from 11am to 2 pm.

The UK support team can be reached at +44 (0) 1788 566 555, Mon-Thurs 9am – 5pm GMT and Fri 9am – 4pm GMT.

#9 emmebbi

emmebbi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Ok tks very much

#10 pierrebriend

pierrebriend

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

I had similar troubles with my Stagescape, six months ago. After some messages with LINE6 support, they invited me to return the equipment to the UK factory. They restored the software and now it is working very well. I'm fully satisfied. Be confident and may be...patient

#11 jeanpicasso

jeanpicasso

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

keeping in mind that english is not my first language either, I was a little unsure about the meaning of "affordable" comment, so i seeked clarification. Cant really see how this can be considered as "un-gentle"´. it is not meant in any offensive way.

I can see how it should have been "viable/reliable" now that you guys mention it. so thx for that :)

#12 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:15 AM

:lol:

Isn't it amazing how English has become the worldwide "lingua franca", (which in itself is the Latin for "language of France", but is used to express the notion of a "universal language") when it is English itself that seems to have the most bizarre constructions of all ?

As it happens, Jean, my "...let's be a little 'gentle' here folks..." note was not particularly directed at you, nor was it  intended to imply that you had offended anyone, but came instead from the difficulties that I have often faced when using languages other than my native tongue during my many stays in other countries.  :wacko:  :)

Sadly, I am sure that you (like me) will have noticed that English-speaking countries still contain many people who only have their native tongue ...and who also have neither familiarity with, nor sympathy for, other cultures and tongues.

It is my hope that (among other "tools") we can use the "better nature" of forums like these as a means to make small "breaks" in these sorts of barriers.

#13 jeanpicasso

jeanpicasso

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

well, your post came right after mine, so I figured that it was somehow spawned from mine :)

so I had to re-read my own post, and can see that it actually can be viewed as un-gentle (does this word even exist? :D ) , but then again, it can be viewed as the most possitive post ever made :P .

I really try to read.. well.. anything, trying to remember that the written word is extremely easy to misunderstand or misinterpret. :)

#14 emmebbi

emmebbi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Trovo ingiusto che dobbiate fare un processo a chi, provenendo da altri paesi, possa usare la lingua in modo meno disinvolto di voi. Vi ricordo che questo è solo un forum di assistenza tecnica rivolto a tutti gli utenti mondiali, e non l'università di lingue.

#15 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

Sì. Penso anche che sia ingiusto, come ho già scritto, emmebi.

Forse coloro che hanno letto tutto questo sarà meglio comprendere queste difficoltà.

Come voi, ora sto sperando che il suggerimento di Arne della Support Team UK produrrà una soluzione rapida.

#16 jeanpicasso

jeanpicasso

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

yeah... google translate for the win ;)

#17 pierrebriend

pierrebriend

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

Je présume que "jeanpicasso" est francophone. Evidemment, si tu l'as acheté via Thomann ou équivalent, comme la garantie s'applique, ça passe par le revendeur. ils se chargeront de le récupérer sans frais et de le renvoyer chez LINE6 UK. Pour ma part, j'ai dû être patient, car j'ai dû attendre qques 6 semaines (et remettre en service ma console analogique)pendant l'été pour récupérer ma console. Il convient d' alerter le support LINE6 par ce site pour communiquer et faire remonter les soucis techniques ou de délai.

#18 jeanpicasso

jeanpicasso

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

Je présume que "jeanpicasso" est francophone. Evidemment, si tu l'as acheté via Thomann ou équivalent, comme la garantie s'applique, ça passe par le revendeur. ils se chargeront de le récupérer sans frais et de le renvoyer chez LINE6 UK. Pour ma part, j'ai dû être patient, car j'ai dû attendre qques 6 semaines (et remettre en service ma console analogique)pendant l'été pour récupérer ma console. Il convient d' alerter le support LINE6 par ce site pour communiquer et faire remonter les soucis techniques ou de délai.

sorry, but im not at all french :)  and im luckily the owner of a very well functioning M20D. Maybe you meant your post to be to emmebbi?

#19 iamspg

iamspg

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

I have also had this problem after upgrading from v1.1 to v1.2.  It is intermittant and re-booting usually works.

#20 aasoundco

aasoundco

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Calif.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

wow you guys are nuts like there is nothing better to complain about than someones choice of words .the display model at guitar center is half price. what a deal im buying 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users