Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 75 - Crackling?

krisvibe

Hello there -

Just received my Amplifi 75, plugged it in and played for a bit, then out of nowhere a faint (but audible) crackling sound started to come through the amp. Unplugged the guitar, cable and Bluetooth - still there.

I'm not sure if the amp needs to "burn in" for a bit, or should I just go ahead and return it?

Any thoughts would be appreciated - thanks!

This is probably not it but just to be sure. A lot of times when I get amp crackling it's because of static, especially with the dry heat in the winter. If you amp is on carpet, try it somewhere on a hardwood floor or tile and will no shoes or socks on.

Hello there -

Just received my Amplifi 75, plugged it in and played for a bit, then out of nowhere a faint (but audible) crackling sound started to come through the amp. Unplugged the guitar, cable and Bluetooth - still there.

I'm not sure if the amp needs to "burn in" for a bit, or should I just go ahead and return it?

Any thoughts would be appreciated - thanks!

Did you figure this out or is it still happening?

Have you tried it in another wall

Socket in another room if it's still happening?

This is probably not it but just to be sure. A lot of times when I get amp crackling it's because of static, especially with the dry heat in the winter. If you amp is on carpet, try it somewhere on a hardwood floor or tile and will no shoes or socks on.

Thanks Tones - this is probably what it is.  It has been sporadic and I don't have a good way to test it off of a carpet just yet.  I'll be sure to mark this as the solution if I can get a solid answer.