Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Customer Service...or Lack Of

I don't mean from community members, but from customer service.  I bought another Variax700 acoustic used. The sounds are "off" and it needs a hard re-set. I'm new to plugging in my guitar into a computer but I figured it out and I am going to borrow a pod  xt live.

The point is the lack of response.

OK - well, this is a community forum so .... no, you won't get official Line 6 support here.

Did you miss the part about me contact customer service multiple times? And no i don't feel any better or worse after posting thanks for your replies.

Yes - I noticed that in your first post. Which told me that you knew very well that you would not get Line 6 support here. Hence there were, I thought, two potential reasons for your post:

1) you actually were seeking community support, or

2) you just wanted to vent.

Your first response clarified that it was actually #2. I just hoped you felt better. Apparently not.

You can continue venting in good company here:

http://line6.com/support/topic/5449-say-something-line-6/

There's usually at least one of these threads at any given time. No need to start your own.

There's usually at least one of these threads at any given time

I guess that says something about line 6 customer service!

I just recived this too:

"Your Line 6 Support Ticket was updated and marked as Assumed Answered by a Line 6 Support Representative. 

While it is in this status, if you do not reply to the ticket, it will be closed in 5 days."

Wow. Maybe their email system is screwed up.

Silverhead why are you defending Line 6 when they are in the wrong here? An yes you are indirectly defending them by the tone of your replies

I am not defending Line 6. I am pointing out that you are here, knowing that it is a community forum and not a Line 6 support area, and you are not interested in receiving any support from the community. Your sole purpose in making this post is to complain about Line 6 customer service. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm just pointing out that you can join others in doing so without creating your own thread with the pretense of asking for help you know you won't get here.

You are entitled to complain about the lack of service you received. Just be more direct about it, and don't pretend you want or expect to receive help here, as you did in your initial post. The only reason I responded was that you asked for help. I expected that you were being honest, and actually wanted help from the community. You don't. You just want to complain. Nowhere did I defend Line 6.

I'm talking about your behaviour, not theirs. Feel free to complain. Just don't mislead others into thinking you want help when you don't. And in particular, don't take your frustration out on the first person who responded to your request for help.

What you've done is called baiting. You make a post and set a trap by inviting a response, with the full intention of blasting the good-faith responder.

You can continue venting in good company here:

http://line6.com/support/topic/5449-say-something-line-6/

There's usually at least one of these threads at any given time. No need to start your own.

Well that should tell you something.

It tells me there are a lot of Line 6 customers that are not happy with customer support.

It also tells me that some products have problems that have not been addressed - some for as long as 2 years or more.

So you as a Line 6 Expert should pass some of these concerns along to your buddies oven in the public relations department.

The users with problems come here not to vent but to see if there are any other users with the same issues.

Guess what? - These problems are real.

The EQ on the HD 500 really does suck.

The front end of the HD 500 does break down under heavy load.

The battery doors on the G 30 wireless are pieces of s$!T.

The lack of a power switch on the HD 500 was a stupid over sight.

The Variax does sound terrible when you do palm muting on the bass strings.

Many of us have spent a lot of money over the years on Line 6 gear.

Give us some respect - we just want some support.

The funny thing is... i don't have any of the issues you listed.. or any of your concerns....

doesn't make your concerns any less real or any less valid...

just goes to show... that not all share your perspective.

EQ is maybe awkward and not standard... but in 3+ years i've learned to deal with it as is. (not a big EQ user, and if i do its generally in recording's post performance)

I apparently don't load the front of my hd500 because i've never had the slightest issue...

don't own a g30...

could care less about a power switch (in fact they were problematic on the XT/X3 models and many needed replaced after warranty=$$$)

My variax sounds fine for palm muting (JTV59)

if you seriously want support for any "real" issues... (as in not grief with the design or implementation) open a support ticket.

if you just want them to change things to your liking... (probably in a next gen device since they arent likely to recall and retrofit power switches)

i suggest you spend more time posting on http://line6.ideascale.com/

because that's where the product managers are going to go for insight.

Well that should tell you something.

It tells me there are a lot of Line 6 customers that are not happy with customer support.

It also tells me that some products have problems that have not been addressed - some for as long as 2 years or more.

So you as a Line 6 Expert should pass some of these concerns along to your buddies oven in the public relations department.

The users with problems come here not to vent but to see if there are any other users with the same issues.

Guess what? - These problems are real.

The EQ on the HD 500 really does suck.

The front end of the HD 500 does break down under heavy load.

The battery doors on the G 30 wireless are pieces of s$!T.

The lack of a power switch on the HD 500 was a stupid over sight.

The Variax does sound terrible when you do palm muting on the bass strings.

Many of us have spent a lot of money over the years on Line 6 gear.

Give us some respect - we just want some support.

The funny thing is... i don't have any of the issues you listed.. or any of your concerns....

doesn't make your concerns any less real or any less valid...

just goes to show... that not all share your perspective.

EQ is maybe awkward and not standard... but in 3+ years i've learned to deal with it as is. (not a big EQ user, and if i do its generally in recording's post performance)

I apparently don't load the front of my hd500 because i've never had the slightest issue...

don't own a g30...

could care less about a power switch (in fact they were problematic on the XT/X3 models and many needed replaced after warranty=$$$)

My variax sounds fine for palm muting (JTV59)

if you seriously want support for any "real" issues... (as in not grief with the design or implementation) open a support ticket.

if you just want them to change things to your liking... (probably in a next gen device since they arent likely to recall and retrofit power switches)

i suggest you spend more time posting on http://line6.ideascale.com/

because that's where the product managers are going to go for insight.

I opened a few tickets the first month I owned the unit.

Even sent recordings of the front end break up.

I talked to a few people - the problem was not fixed and can't be fixed without a redesign of the input section.

Anyone that's been playing guitar for long enough realizes that the interaction between the guitar and the first stage of the guitar amp is a very important thing.

You can't get a model of a tube amp to respond correctly if the first stage just before the A to D conversion is crapping out.

I own 20 guitars - the ones with the hotter humbucker pickups are the ones that over drive the front end.

On the older forum it was discussed for months - many people could hear it - lots just gave up and sold the unit or took it back to the store.

I've just learn to put up with it and try to use guitars with pickups that have less output.

It made the problem less obvious but it didn't make it go away.

The complaints that some users have made about the overdrive pedals and distorted amps sounding off could very well be the distortion happening in the front end of the HD 500 competing with the amp modeling.

You would think that after three years it would have been fixed in the newer HD 500x but it wasn't.

It's something that can't be fixed in a software upgrade and I think Line 6 knows it.

As far as ideascale I think Line 6 pays less attention to that than the support tickets.

It's been around for a good while now and there have been lots of good ideas posted - I haven't seen one implemented so what's the use of wasting time.

As far as the palming muting deal I can't believe you can't hear it.

Palm mute on a standard guitar and then the Variax - there's a noticable difference in attack and definition.

The Variax sounds dark and muffled in comparision.

Not a knock on you or anything but maybe you're ears just aren't as trained as mine.

I have spent the past 40+ years in recording studios so maybe I'm just more sensative to things such as distortion and tonal changes.

I am bothered on some songs I play with the latency the Variax guitar has.

It's enough on some rhythm parts to feel it.

It feels like the guitar is fighting me - sort of lagging behind.

The Variax 300 came out about 10 years ago - it sold for around $400.

As a guitar it was a dog so Line 6 in all their wisdom came out with the Tyler models which sold for over 3 times as much.

It's the same old technology in a new box and that's why sales have dropped off to the point that some stores like Guitar Center don't even carry them anymore.

It's not a put down because the Variax can be a very useful tool in some instances but it does have it's limitations.

Not to mention these things would be like a walk through life with blinders on.

If the end user doesn't bring up the weak points the newer products will be released with the very same issues.

The folks at Line 6 have developed some pretty cool stuff but they do need to spend more time on fixing issues like the ones i've mentioned here.

At any rate peace to you brother - we've wasted enough time on this issue.

They 100% do read what gets posted to ideascale, it's pretty much the same as the old product feedback site, except the ideas are public and community ranked...

you aren't going to see any progress on them until they are ready to release an update or a new product...

you either want your voice in the mix or you don't... they aren't going to single out and praise individual ideas... they are going to turn the ideas into something we can use.

(this is where you tell them the weak points etc... they really do want to know... )

i i have close to 30 guitars myself, but no longer have any with active pickups... just not my thing... 

i never disputed your complaints... just said they don't affect or matter to me... 

i use palm muting alot for a percussive attack, and do not particularly use just the variax, with so many other options available... but i find it well enough for my needs.

is it the best palm muting ever? probably not.. but thats such a minor aspect of what i do.. and those small nuances get buried in the mix anyway.

just my perspective... not sure they will ever they (or anyone really) will ever invent one guitar to replace them all for me...

i like different things about different ones, and they all inspire different as well...

so even with the ultimate variax... i'd still want other guitars.