Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help Again Effect Placement

MIKEY9966

hi once again I am here to ask a question

having the pod for over a year I  love it, recently I have made some improvements as I did not think buying the podx for some lights and 20% dps was worth it  . so I bought a zack wlyde wha  , witch is very good and I have no tone change kicks lollipop, now I want to add a mxr 6 band eq, as the eq in the pod are not working for me. and a rocktron guitar silencer(noise gate)

I don't use the 4 cable method. as I have 2 amps black star ht5s and a traynor k1, I was thinking

wha

noise gate

eq

into the pod

what would be the best way to add these 3 effect before the pod? now I will never run out of dps and my pod 500 sounds better .. thanks rock on

It sounds like you have the Pod HD500. If so, you may want to use its FX Loop. I would try the noise gate (and perhaps the wah) between the guitar and the HD Input, then run the  EQ (and perhaps the wah) positioned wherever you like in the HD500 signal chain using the FX Loop.

I can not use the FX loop only one of my amps have a FX loop the black star ht5 the traynor k1  dose not so I the FX loop will not work for me

further research I have found.

EQ

wha

noise gate

pod 500

wait what you are saying is I can go from FX out into the eq then eq out FX into  the pod , and out to both amps??

1. Does your wah add noise to the chain? Why have noise gate after it?

2. Do you want your EQ pedal to sculpt tone into HD for distortion, or to help with final tone?

3. What's wrong with the noise gates in the HD? They don't use much DSP. If you made dual amp tones, then I'd put noise gate in FX loop just before EQ pedal or....

4. I'd ditch the noise gate, put EQ into Pod FX loop as the last thing in effects chain before amp, and put wah before Pod. 

1  there is always noise in my patches and the rocktron is top of the line nosie gate both the wah and gate are true bypass and do not effect my tone

it dose use some dps and this one is much better , most my patch's are dual tone

2  I guess the final tone would be best , but if it at the front or back I would think would be about the same

3 I was not aware that you could add effects into the chain , so I am thinking I add a fx loop into my patch and this will be were the external pedals would be? would the noise gate not be in the front? like most of my patch's  would it not be wha- gate or gate -wah

lol I am happy I didn't buy the gr 55 to go with the pod   but I think theses 3 pedal will improve the pod quite a bit I really like the pod some times I run out of dps, the wha was not working for me the tone change was to much when turn on and off, the zack wah dose not change the tone at all, I have never used a noise gate except with the pod  and this one is 5 star no  tone change.  I bought it when I picked up the eq that is a 5 star too, both used good deal and I want to incorporate them with the pod. always trying to get the perfect tone,,  thanks for your help I have just bought some 9 volts and am going to plug in and try some stuff just thought I could save some time and headaches asking

having trouble placing the eq

ruing  in the chain   mrx 6 band

have trying the eq in front, back and in the loop it dose not play well

not very good sound the gate works well and the wha good

maybe the line 6 eq were not that bad after all , I could use the eq for a boots when  soloing but its to muddy for rhythm any suggestions

thanks   

ok I got it

gate

wah pod

pod out

eq

if any one has time to look at the rocktron noise reduction guitar silencer,, this pedal has a fx loop in it I cant find any were  what this is for or how to use it

so is your chain as follow:

Guitar>>gate>>ZW Cry Baby Wah>>Pod 1/4 or XLR out>>>EQ>>AMP

I am confused

• Upvote 1

Yes that's it sounds great be something happened last night I am so confuessd, I was trying all kinds of diferent hook ups plunging in all over the place and was working great but now I have lost one of my amps in duel set up and my pan doses not work,I..?? I Will try a reset when I get home but, but I just don't get it what the duck. Was working then this any I deals?

Do you think this would be the proper set up when I get it up and running again

Thanks

The noise gate pedal has a loop so it can determine when you are playing guitar and when you are not. This helps it separate noise and hiss from actual guitar sound.

You should go: guitar>noise gate in>noise gate loop send>all other pedals and pod>pod output>EQ>noise gate loop return>noise gate out>amp.

Boss NS-2 is the same way.

Good luck!

ok I got it

gate

wah pod

pod out

eq

if any one has time to look at the rocktron noise reduction guitar silencer,, this pedal has a fx loop in it I cant find any were what this is for or how to use it

The noise gate pedal has a loop so it can determine when you are playing guitar and when you are not. This helps it separate noise and hiss from actual guitar sound.

You should go: guitar>noise gate in>noise gate loop send>all other pedals and pod>pod output>EQ>noise gate loop return>noise gate out>amp.

Good luck!

Thanks your the best will try tonight sounds like it will work great

One more thing off topic last nigh my dual amp patch quit work only one amp works, I can not find any info on this problem any sugestions thanks

Good luck!

One question could I use the fx send on the pod to go into the eq, gate or dose it have to be the 1/4 out?

One question could I use the fx send on the pod to go into the eq, gate or dose it have to be the 1/4 out?

You can use either. Are you running your Pod fx send into your amp instead of using the 1/4" out? You'd want the noise gate return at the very end of your effects chain to eliminate all the sources of noise and hiss. It would work in the Pod loop, but depending on where in the Pod effects chain you place it, it could be less effective.

Thanks your the best will try tonight sounds like it will work great

One more thing off topic last nigh my dual amp patch quit work only one amp works, I can not find any info on this problem any sugestions thanks

Can't help you there. I don't use dual amps so my troubleshooting wouldn't be very effective. Try building a new dual amp tone and see if it works at all. If not, then you need to check your input and effects placement and routing to see why one channel has stopped making sound. Mixer pan settings and cabling etc..

Can't help you there. I don't use dual amps so my troubleshooting wouldn't be very effective. Try building a new dual amp tone and see if it works at all. If not, then you need to check your input and effects placement and routing to see why one channel has stopped making sound. Mixer pan settings and cabling etc..

I run dual because I have one amp high gain and the other clean, I believe this is call wet and dry, sounds very good