Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Control Pedal Is My New Best Friend!

billlorentzen

I do a lot of singing while playing, and I don't like having to look down to change patches between rhythm and lead sounds, so I've set up some patches where I use the control pedal to toggle between two different sounds. Some patches are set up with two different amps, and I use the control pedal to pan between the amp paths. Other patches use the same amp, and I just change amp settings with the pedal.

Because I have an original HD 500, for patches with two amps, I usually use a pre for the clean sound, so I can have plenty of fx in the patch too. I change virtually all the fx settings with the pedal, too, such as increasing verb and delay, cranking the compressor, changing modulation amounts, etc.

I'm really happy with the results on these patches, and I'm finding uses for the in between sounds too. It's so much easier to just push the pedal to rip out a quick line in between comping. Give it a try!

I do that a lot too.  I also picked up a second pedal on sale and the two are great.  You can also use the knobs on the JTV to do the same thing.  The manual says you can assign up to 50 parameters to each so the possibilities are endless...