4 replies to this topic

#1 tearitupbaby

tearitupbaby

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

I have a dt25... and a pod hd500. I have them both updated to latest updates...How do i access the extra amps in the dt25 topology... do i need a computer and editor for the dt? and if i do after the pc is disconnected how do u acess the other topology amps ion the dt????

#2 Metalchef

Metalchef

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

Well having your pod connected via L6link is the same as having all the amps at your finger tips at once. To switch preamps without the POD requires u run an edit program via computer or I pad using a USB to MIDI interface. Even then u can only use 8 amps (4 per channel). So to me it's not an issue of you have the pod500.
Yes I hear the cries of the carrots.... For it is harvest day and to them it is the Holocaust..... So I say let the rabbits wear glasses....

#3 MartinDorr

MartinDorr

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationArizona, U.S.A.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

If you want to use the preamps in the DT you need to select an HD tone w/o an Amp. In this case the DT switches to channel B and you can have 4 preamp, ... settings selectable with the Type switch on the DT.

It is my understanding that you can use a DT editor or a MIDI controller to program different Reverb settings, Mic model for XLR, and PowerAmp parameters (like feedback type) for both channel A and B instead of the default settings in the Type I-IV DT program slot selections and then use those them with HD preamps for channel A and DT preamps for channel B. Not so sure this is worth the trouble unless you run out of HD DSP power and can live with a limited set of the reverb/Amp settings in the DT.

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15393 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

a minor note on doing thing....

you wont get any of your post effects this way....

audio travels one way... 

If you want to use the preamps in the DT you need to select an HD tone w/o an Amp. In this case the DT switches to channel B and you can have 4 preamp, ... 

#5 nikoniablue

nikoniablue

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSt Albans, England

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:41 AM

Well having your pod connected via L6link is the same as having all the amps at your finger tips at once. To switch preamps without the POD requires u run an edit program via computer or I pad using a USB to MIDI interface. Even then u can only use 8 amps (4 per channel). So to me it's not an issue of you have the pod500.

You can only access the additional models in the DT directly by setting them up over midi.  You need a computer and midi cables to do this.  There are instructions in the manual.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users