#1 innovine

innovine

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

I'm having a bit of trouble with my DT25

A week or two ago it was working fine, and I changed a few of the preamps and cabs on it using DT Edit.

Yesterday I started D Edit up again, and at first I got some popup error in DT Edit about not connecting, and an option to choose my midi device. I ran the program several times and got this each time, but after a while it stopped occuring. Now the program starts with no popup, but displays "Not connected" in the menu bar. The thing is, if I turn knobs on the amp, the changes are displayed on the screen, so _something_ is connected..

I've been using this midi interface for years and think its pretty good. I notice also that Monkey is not detecting my DT25 firmware version via midi either.

Any ideas? 

#2 MartinDorr

MartinDorr

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationArizona, U.S.A.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

The only thing that comes to mind is that the editor may not be able to send MIDI requests and get a response (he may send but the DT does not get it), but the DT sends out MIDI if you turn the knobs. Maybe a DT reset is in order if you have not already tried it.

#3 chrishlp

chrishlp

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Hi, had the same happen to me with my HD500 and had to reload the latest firmware.  Seems OK not, not sure what is going on but suggests problem with Monkey.

#4 innovine

innovine

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

After a bit of testing with a midi monitor, it turns out that the midi OUT side of the cable had an intermittent failure. So just wiggling it around a bit would get it to work, or fail. Glad I didn't update the firmware over that..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users