2 replies to this topic

#1 guitar4u

guitar4u

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

In Workbench HD, when both Variax USB and 1/4" guitar cable are plugged into my JTV69, I hear crackling noises as the two cables interact with (i.e. rub against) each other. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this using Workbench HD? Maybe someone can experiment with it and report the results?

It's pretty annoying when I'm trying to tweak tones to hear this distorted and obnoxious noise going on. :wacko:

#2 edstar1960

edstar1960

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

In Workbench HD, when both Variax USB and 1/4" guitar cable are plugged into my JTV69, I hear crackling noises as the two cables interact with (i.e. rub against) each other. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this using Workbench HD? Maybe someone can experiment with it and report the results?

It's pretty annoying when I'm trying to tweak tones to hear this distorted and obnoxious noise going on. :wacko:

I didn't notice this when I used Workbench HD after rolling to fw 2.0 for my JTV59 - I have since rolled back to fw 1.9 - so can't reproduce the exact same scenario for you.

Are you sure that both your USB cable and 1/4 inch cable are fine?   Maybe one of those is faulty and is producing the crackle?

#3 guitar4u

guitar4u

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

Turns out, it was a bad guitar cable  <_<   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users