Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if it's possible to connect the vocals (mic) and POD HD500 at the same time to the L3T.  If yes, please advise me the best way to connect it. 

Second question, is it possible to connect 1 vocals and 2 guitars on the L3T?  If yes, how should it be done?  I'm thinking of getting the most portable setup possible for small sized club gigging..

Thanks in advance.

Question1 - You can run your mic into the HD500 and run the HD500 into the L3T using Line 6 Link.

Question 2 - Don't know for sure.  Possibly guitar through HD500 and into L3T via L6 Link and guitar + mic into the two inputs on the L3T.  Not sure if this is supported though.

Or....

1) connect your HD500 to the L3t either using L6 LINK or using the stereo Line In inputs (RCA) on the rear of the L3t AND connect your mic to one of the Channel Inputs on the side panel mixer on the L3t.

2) Connect your HD500 and mic as above. If your 2nd guitar is acoustic, connect it to the Channel 1 input on the side panel mixer of the L3t, and your mic to Channel 2. If your 2nd guitar is electric, use a dual path setup on the HD500 to process both guitars separately. Connect one to the Guitar input (assign as Input 1) and the other to Aux (assign as Input 2).

Thanks everyone for your replies... But there is something I would like to clarify..

Connect one to the Guitar input (assign as Input 1) and the other to Aux (assign as Input 2).

I would assume that the above mentioned is in a scenario where you have 2 guitars to be used on the POD, right?  My apologies for not being clear on that.  The reason why I asked is to have our 2nd guitar player connect to the L3T.  That is for us to have a very lightweight setup and to have good sound on our guitars and vocals (drums and bass got good speakers/amps so they're okay).  Guitar amps on the clubs we are playing are crap.

So, would it still be possible if he connects to the input 2 on the side panel mixer (with me on L6 link and the mic on input 1)?  Or will it work by setting up a dual path and have the other guitar player plug his out to my aux and assign it as input 2 (both guitars via L6 link)? - not sure if I am making sense here..  :D

By the way I am using two amps on my HD500, not sure if this affects the dual path you told me about.

Again, thanks for your inputs.

If your second guitar has its own signal processor (not the HD500) then you can connect the output of that processor to the XLR/1/4" input on the rear panel of the L3t. This will keep it separate from the mixer/EQ of the side panel inputs. Set your second guitar's processor to Line output and the equivalent of Studio mode.

If you want to use the HD500 to process both guitars then set it up as I described earlier; dual path independent processing and guitars to Guitar and Aux inputs. You can use L6 Link or the RCA rear inputs on the L3t.

Awesome! Thank you for the clarification.

If you want to use the HD500 to process both guitars then set it up as I described earlier; dual path independent processing and guitars to Guitar and Aux inputs. You can use L6 Link or the RCA rear inputs on the L3t.

Can this work on a combo power amp mode and plugged into the power amp section of a real amp too?

For best results with the Hd500 in power amp mode, the L3t should probably be in electric guitar mode rather than reference mode. However, that won't give best results for your mic. You'll have to experiment; there will likely be a trade off between the sound quality of the vocals or the guitars.