4 replies to this topic

#1 wloveland

wloveland

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:59 AM

I read many topics and didn't see anything that specifically fits this experience I've had with my G50 so I thought I'd ask some experts to get their opinions on it.

So to start with.....I bought this unit about 2 yrs or so ago.......gigged a LOT with it.....only issue I ever had was the battery door broke and luckily I bought the extended GC warranty and they fixed it quickly and sent it back. I also had to replace the cable one time too but that was expected with so much use.

Anyway.....I notice that when I use it near my laptop or any other wireless device in my house they disconnect from the router. Not really a big deal......just happened to notice it and noting it here. Recently the band I perform with purchased one of those Mackie interface/boards that communicate with a Ipad/Iphone and they started running sound with it. The first night we used it there were constant disconnects with the devices and the sound board......and the router was a few feet away from me and my G50. I told them about my experience at home and the next gig they changed the router to a "5 band" setting and they had no more connection issues. But now I notice that for a split (and I mean split) second I receive drop outs in my signal. It's as if I flub a 1/8 note while playing......it's there....bam its gone.....it's there....even though I know I played it!!! lol Now this happened one other time to me.....at an outside event I played one a Warrior Run event and the production was provided. At the time I was running a big rig (I'm a bassist) with a preamp, power amp and a 810 cab. Anyway the power amp was a NEW Crown 1500w amp......and with all that stage I had it pumped up.....and that day I got those same type of drop outs. I thought it was the amp.....so I sold it (and the preamp for safe measures)! lol Well now I realize it wasn't because the production was the same setup as we have now with these Mackie/Ipad setup (the band got the idea from that event). It HAS to be related to the router/Ipad communication. It does it no where else.....and if we use the old wired systems (100's of times now) there are zero issues ever.

So how do I proceed? I can try random channels on my G50 but is there an easy way to determine what channels may work better? If I can't figure out a solution do I have any other options other than selling this and buying something else (which I REALLY don't want to)?

Thanks for any help!

#2 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2514 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

You have a couple of options. You could flash your unit with the newest firmware and operate in RF2 mode. This would give you options to not touch the wi-fi system and have it not affect your system. So you will need to know what channel the local wi-fi router is running on and then pick your G50 channel.

Alternately you can go to the FAQ for channels that have the least interaction in RF1 mode.

#3 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

http://line6.com/sup...frequencies-r90

...I told them about my experience at home and the next gig they changed the router to a "5 band" setting and they had no more connection issues...

...I think many of us would also have that as OUR preferred option, with our Line 6 gear staying in its older (and to my mind, considerably less "fiddly") RF1 mode, ...with channels 2, 5 & 6 being the best for freedom from such 2.4GHz problems as may "walk in" to a gig, as explained more fully in the "WiFi Interference" section towards the end of the FAQ document that Don's mentioned:

http://line6.com/sup...phones-faq-r230

#4 wloveland

wloveland

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

Sorry I didn't get a chance to read all this (most anyway) until now. I am going to try 2, 5 and 6 channels as suggested above and see if that pans out. If I have further issues I'll have to report back and see what else I can do. Thanks much!!!

#5 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2514 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

You should read the FAQ. While randomly picking a new may help it could also make it worse. There are some specific suggestions in the FAQ that depend on the channel your router is running on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users