#1 rythmking24

rythmking24

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

Hello,

I've updated Line 6 Monkey, and attempted to update the FBV Express MKii, but with no success. I get this message; 'fbv express mkii update failed code 80000002...'. It tells me to make sure that the cables are connected. Which they are. Well... the cable. The USB cable.

When I open Line 6 Monkey, it says that it can't detect what device I'm using, and asks me to select from a drop down menu that does not contain the FBV Express MKii. Which is pretty annoying. So I use the 'connect using MIDI option, and then select the FBV in the 'midi in' and 'midi out' boxes etc.

The thing is, there are no midi inputs or outputs on the FBV. 

I do have an M-audio Midisport 1x1 midi interface. But in the manual, it doesn't say anywhere that you'll require a midi interface of any sort.

What the Hell's going on?

I'd appreciate some help thanks.

#2 cardsfan13090

cardsfan13090

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

I am having the same problem. When i try opened up 'My Devices' under 'Computer' the device is shows up with an exclamation mark next to it telling me that i have to update the driver. Problem is, the line six software isn't detecting the device at all. Likewise, i keep getting the same dialog about 'connecting using MIDI' even though no such outputs or inputs exist.

It's frustrating to not even be able to get off the ground with a fresh software install.

Feedback would be appreciated.

#3 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1703 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

You can't do it with MIDI.

Try different USB ports and cables.  Make sure you have all Firewalls (note there is a Windows firwall, not just one with your anti-virus software) and anti-virus software disabled.

Unfortunately, this is not an unusual problem.  I had to use an older laptop running XP.

#4 rythmking24

rythmking24

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

You can't do it with MIDI.

Try different USB ports and cables.  Make sure you have all Firewalls (note there is a Windows firwall, not just one with your anti-virus software) and anti-virus software disabled.

Unfortunately, this is ot an unusual problem.  I had to use an older laptop running XP.

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

I tried disabling the firewall too, with the same result.

The frustrating thing is that my computer recognizes the FBV. It appears in 'sound, video and game controllers'. Ironically, the two things that won't recognize it are Line 6 Monkey and Line 6 FBV Control. The two pieces of software designed specifically for use with the FBV.

If it's a common issue, then it's a bit of a joke really. And something Line 6 need to sort out as soon as possible.

I want to get this sorted and running on my computer now!  :angry:

#5 namesinger

namesinger

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

I am having the same problem.  It is not an issue with cables.  Using "an older computer running XP" is not an option, and is in any case a ridiculous excuse for a solution.  No offense to the user who posted this information - it's the Line 6 folks who need to come up with a real solution ASAP!

#6 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1703 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:24 AM

Try uninstalling all your Line software - and after doing this go into the folder in the Program files named 'Line 6' and delete all the files in it.  Then try re-downloading and installing Monkey.

#7 rhayes71

rhayes71

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

Google this issue with monkey and you will find hundreds of people experiencing the same problem. I am also having the same issues with my FBV MKii Shortboard and I also have a Spider Iv 120 amp. This problem is crazy as line 6 has provided no real solutions to this ongoing problem other than to start disabling firewalls, purchasing new USB cables, or finding older computers to load the program onto?? Really this issue has been going on for a long time and for way too many people. Can't believe I wasted a whole day trying to find a solution to this crappy program compatability lunacy!

Guess what, I'm returning my Line 6 products tomorrow!

#8 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

you do realize that the update doesn't apply to use with line6 hardware anyway....

its only applicable if using the fbv with computer programs...

updating it will not affect the way it works with an amp....

of course i concede that the update should work...

just saying it's not that important to everyone though.

#9 jtma508B

jtma508B

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:22 AM

I'm also having this issue since I purchased my HD Pro and FBV MKii.  I've been waiting for over a year for Line6 to solve this and there are many others who have been waiting a lot longer.  It speaks volumes that not only hasn't it been solved but that Line6 seems to just ignore what is clearly a widespread issue.  Shame on you Line6.

#10 Klessric

Klessric

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

Very frustrated with the FBV Express MKII.. I installed all the software and the "Monkey" software that FBV doesn't show up on. Plugged into a ASUS Laptop running Win 8 used every port availabe and nothing happens. it tells me "No Line 6 Products connected" I used 3 different cables uninstalled all software  reinstalled all software and NOTHING HAPPENS.The VOL is on So, it has power. I just purchased this today and I will return this tomorrow. I will look at other products from other vendors. I should have looked in a  Google search  about this product first. I see a lot of the same problems with the FBV

#11 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:57 AM

i suggest you call line6 support: http://line6.com/company/contact/

many of the forum users use the FBV pedals with hardware and not computer applications.

#12 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1703 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

Very frustrated with the FBV Express MKII.. I installed all the software and the "Monkey" software that FBV doesn't show up on. Plugged into a ASUS Laptop running Win 8 used every port availabe and nothing happens. it tells me "No Line 6 Products connected" I used 3 different cables uninstalled all software  reinstalled all software and NOTHING HAPPENS.The VOL is on So, it has power. I just purchased this today and I will return this tomorrow. I will look at other products from other vendors. I should have looked in a  Google search  about this product first. I see a lot of the same problems with the FBV

What device are you trying to control with the FBV?  It's really made for switching patches in a Spider IV amp, and as communication device between a Spider IV and computer for using the Spider Edit program and doing firmware updates.  Many times the problem with Monkey IDing the device is due to firewall and anti-virus blocking software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users