Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M5 - Ignore Expression Pedal Postion Until Pedal Moved

Crunch71

When switching from one patch to another, any effect parameter set to be controlled by an expression pedal will immediately take the value from the position of the pedal. There seems no option for the patch to load and not take the value from the pedal until the pedal is moved.

This blows chunks when say, you're using a patch and the pedal to mix in a flanger, play a bit, then load a new patch with a whammy pitch effect. You want to start off the new whammy patch with the pitch effect parameter at 0, so your note is proper. Then, when you move the pedal have the effect kick in. Imperative for live playing. 

My TC Electronic GMajor allows you to ignore the pedal position until the pedal is moved. The M5 should have this option as well. I don't expect there is answer for this, so I hope that one day the M5 will get an update to include this option. Thanks