Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A Video Of My 1st Impressions Of The Amplifi 75 Watt Amp

ChristianArnold

I want one but I will not buy an Apple device. Will I be able to use it without one?

An Android app is said/rumored? to be in development, but I'd expect that will work best with products running Android 4.x (hopefully, as far back as Ice Cream Sandwich, but suspect Jellybean).

The USB port suggests a Windows or Mac possibility, but I hope those include the option for Bluetooth.  The fewer cords, the better.

As long as you have no problem to use all your life the 4 presets and nothing more...

The app shows the four "presets" under a heading of "Bank 1."  While it could be a hardware limitation (a daft one in this day and age), I hope a firmware update will permit  the addition of Bank 2, Bank 3, etc.

Maybe someone should do an iFixIt-style teardown to see what chips are in this thing.

Given the EA-style product rollout, I'm tempted to send mine back and wait for "revision B" ... or stick with separate components and cords as always.

An Android app is said/rumored? to be in development, but I'd expect that will work best with products running Android 4.x (hopefully, as far back as Ice Cream Sandwich, but suspect Jellybean).

The USB port suggests a Windows or Mac possibility, but I hope those include the option for Bluetooth.  The fewer cords, the better.

Android app is rumored, but as you said, rumored..

I'm thinking of running my HD500X through the Amplifi. Any reason that wouldn't work? Then I can just wait for the Android app.

If Android is your OS of choice, I'd stick with your existing rig until Android is supported (or wait for the "Amplifi MkII") ... or did you already pick up an Amplifi?

I'm considering shipping my 75 back (wish I lived near a GC) along with the FBV Express MkII I chose as a compliment.  Given that Line 6 still hasn't released a proper manual, it's hard to trust them to see this product through to fully baked.

Maybe I'll just give in, keep it, and "enjoy" some more early adopter fun.

As long as they add the ability to use more BANKS and then allow the footswitch to go up and down between them, this will be a great little amp to gig and practice with and have dozens of great sounds.  BUT, if all you're looking for is a good clean channel, a rhythm channel, and lead channel, then this amp is a bit overkill.  It's definitely geared more towards tech heads who to want to tinker with it all day long.

I already had an iPad so it was an easy decision.