Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Some Spider Iv 15 Metal Settings?

madamada9

Hello i recently bought a Spider IV 15 watt, i got an epiphone les paul special(first electric guitar), I wanna get a decent metal tone, i looked up on the internet for metal tones. i tried them but when i hit more than 1 string the sound can't be understood, i mean it's noisy and unclear, Can you guys tell me about some settings? is it the amp's fault or do I need some good settings? i want a tone that can be understood, i don't want any bad noise when im hitting 3 open strings, I am very dissapointed, what do you recommend?

Hello i recently bought a Spider IV 15 watt, i got an epiphone les paul special(first electric guitar), I wanna get a decent metal tone, i looked up on the internet for metal tones. i tried them but when i hit more than 1 string the sound can't be understood, i mean it's noisy and unclear, Can you guys tell me about some settings? is it the amp's fault or do I need some good settings? i want a tone that can be understood, i don't want any bad noise when im hitting 3 open strings, I am very dissapointed, what do you recommend?

Well...there are those who would describe all metal tones as "noisy and unclear"... ;) (just kidding...I grew up on it myself).

Seriously though, it would be easier to diagnose the problem if you record a clip and post it. Then perhaps someone will chime in with a fix.

Also, you mentioned that this is your first electric guitar, so I'm assuming that you are a beginner player (apologies if this is not the case). In which case, it may be an issue of learning proper technique. I've been teaching guitar for many years, and learning to control the sound of the really high gain amp settings typically used in hard rock/metal can be challenging while you are also trying to learn the basic mechanics of the instrument. Thick distortion settings will produce all sorts of unpleasant sounding "accidental" string noises if you don't play cleanly. In other words, while playing any given string(s), you must learn to mute the remaining ones that you do not want ringing out at that time.