Dear Line 6,
I'm an avid amp modeler that's been eyeing the amplifi series amplifiers since it was announced. I own many line 6 products ( POD (kidney bean), POD Xt Live, Pod Farm(2), Guitar Port, Line 6 Spider IV 150 , FVB Shortboard MK II, Delay).
Here is where your marketing and engineering departments have failed.
1. Explanation of the FVB Shortboard MK II integration.
Like, Ya....... It's supported.. but in what capacity?
2. How many preset's can be stored on the amp?
Maybe 4? 5? 6?
3. Can I control on/off different stomp boxes / delay / modulation etc with my FBV Short board?
4. Why did you "NOT" include a USB Port to charge the devices required to operate the amp?
(ipad / iphone / android )
5. Why do retail outlets much like "Guitar Center" not have a AMPLIFi demo station available with an included USB port to jack in my device and "demo" the amps features as marketed? (this is a no brainer and selling feature)
6. You should include a "transfer" type of feature for old line 6 users
(pod XT / pod farm / guitar port and general line 6 products). You are confusing and disenfranchising users . We love our presets and want to keep them across platforms. WE work hard to tweak and tune everything to our taste. With every product release you slap us in the face having to create new presets and force us into "another adventure" of finding tones.)
7. This does not apply to me but why not include the line 6 link and variax inputs featured on many other products.
8. The unit features a USB port. (why not hint or discuss with your users what it should be used for?)
Direct Output? Windows/Mac integration for preset config / Firmware updates direct without a FBV?.
9. Lack of a full manual "POST" product release. You need to fire your documentation team immediately, I can't think of an excuse to use on this one.
10. Say iOS goes away and apple decides to pull the Line 6 AMPLIFi app from the appstore. What are your customers to do? We are screwed beyond using this as a bluetooth speaker. (a good one at that, i digress)
11. Line 6 monkey (drivers) and firmware updates to other products (bearing you own a MK II or FBV) Are smooth and work as advertised. This department is working great, however the design engineers are behind the ball. Modelers should always include a USB port in order to allow for updates and pushes without an additional piece of hardware.
12. WE love the amp, we however hate searching for the name on search engines.... it should have been called line 6 amplify or amp li wifi or something else besides amplifi. When we search for amplifi we find other amplifi"ers" beyond line 6. Youtube, google, bing etc. This was a dumb move.
One major thing I have found with line 6 is the lack of after the sale support. Got a line 6 spider iv??? Want to update the firmware...well you need a FBV for that. It's complete failure for an electronically capable modeler to have to use an added $200 dollar device to upgrade and "fix" issues that were released from the factory.
You can do better and your users know it also. For most people who own or use line 6 products we are forced to defend using them in live situations due to the lack of "tube quality" on most modelers. This is due to the lack of life and feel that translates from a traditional tube amp to a modeler. The Axe FX product family has done a much better job in this genre. I don't expect a $500 dollar product to compare to a $2500 dollar product. I do however hold line 6 to their mission statement.
Push Boundaries, Make a great product and release a great product with a huge community and support the product for years to come.